My new MC2...Updated finally

domandmel

seen this rusty floor pan b4 on few mbs wonder where the sauce is from inside or out :? carpet removal maybe can determin this problem.a design fault water trap ect.. :evil:

let us know your findings :idea:

funnily enough i had an MB1 or something in work on saturday for a new exhaust and it had rust in the same place! must be coming from further up and running down.....i do need to see if my drain channels are blocked because my missus said she thought it was dripping on the passenger footwell last time it hammered down with rain?!

i hope it looks worse than it is coz it looks nasty, im sure youll sort it. im wax oiling mine in summer for sure and get some underseal on there in some places aswell.

its stupid because that is the only rust on the entire car! the sills i was expecting some sort of surface corrosion...but nothing!!!! im gonna try and sort it pretty quick, MOT due in APRIL :o

i know the rubber seals around the rear archs are a water catch point the always have been on hondas i know folks who take them off but i cant think what will be causing that is it under the doors at the rear? you dont have a leak in the boot running down do you i know mine is leaking i took the grommets out but need to stop the leak when it warms up.

they are 90% the most solid car ive had but they are getting on a bit now so naturally honda must ha\ve built in some weak points so we go and buy a new one eventually.

just to add it looks in the picture like the underseal that was there has worn down and the bare metal just worn away if you rub it down get rid of all the rust treat it and fill it then bang some underseal over it will be fine surely? Good Luck pal nice motor.

the rust is at the front of the floor pan jimbob, near to where the front wishbone rear mount is. i need to take off the rear arch ruber things and get it cleaned in there. i have some stonechip to go in the arches, just waiting for better weather to clean them

ahh ok sorry god knows why it should rust there someone must know im sure it can be sorted out though has noone else experienced rot there people i know mines solid there.

Nice looking car though what springs it on Konis you say i dropped mie onto MGZS 180 suspension want to go for the Eibach springs in summer get 30mm low i am currently preping my wheels for a spray up in black silver and red H's but needs to be lower for sure.

its on Koni sport springs, says it wouldlower car 35mm all round, but its more like 50mm!!! which i dont mind because i did want it pretty low....i am thinking about doing my standard wheels in gun metal grey in the summer, just while i save up for some different alloys. got loads i want to do to the car, but need time and money to do it!!

ahh ok sorry god knows why it should rust there someone must know im sure it can be sorted out though has noone else experienced rot there people i know mines solid there.

i have seen a few like that before ! mines starting to go but only just .on mine theres a kink in the lip where the pannels join i think its

a drainage hole ?

but on doms i think someone has pulled/scraped the joint sealent off and thats proberbly why it has got that bad ? :idea:

its on Koni sport springs, says it wouldlower car 35mm all round, but its more like 50mm!!! which i dont mind because i did want it pretty low....i am thinking about doing my standard wheels in gun metal grey in the summer, just while i save up for some different alloys. got loads i want to do to the car, but need time and money to do it!!

i know my plans have taken a back seat for my honda just had a discussion tonight with my dad (a mechanic) and we decided to drop the engine out my mazda bongo camper van, which has scuppered a few MC2 plans but i still got loads to do like my wheels and get a new exhaust, and fit a mountain of parts.

its all time and money but hey keeps me out of mischief :twisted: .