My new MC2...Updated finally

domandmel

ahh ok sorry god knows why it should rust there someone must know im sure it can be sorted out though has noone else experienced rot there people i know mines solid there.

i have seen a few like that before ! mines starting to go but only just .on mine theres a kink in the lip where the pannels join i think its

a drainage hole ?

but on doms i think someone has pulled/scraped the joint sealent off and thats proberbly why it has got that bad ? :idea:

i went over it with a wire brush to see how bad it got, but the joint defo had the sealant peeled back before i got at it. it must be getting wet somewhere, because as you can see its quite damp and the other side is bone dry!

tidy it up get it filled and maybe wax oil that mofo i know im going to wax oil mine in summer after i done the Bongo.

i think im going to take my side skirts off aswell like you did clean out under there i have some bubbling on the rear arch that im going to get sorted at my local body shop i hate seeing rusty metal it bugs me i got serious OCD man.

cheers Lewis. i got the nuts off a guy doing a good deal on the Honda Civic Forum website. i havent fitted them yet because they wont fit on the standard wheels very well (even tho he said they would!), but Tegiwa do some washers that allow the fitment of them onto OE honda wheels

Dom back to the subject of that rot you have and how it might have happened, the windscreen bonded seal do you think it could be leaking and water running down under the carpet and rotting through?

i know i might be completely off the marker but just something that poped into my head while driving to work this morning, i wonder if your bonded windscreen leaking?

i dont know just a though tell em to shut up if you like.

haha i wont tell anyone to shut up if they have an idea on somtehing mate! i guess it could be a possibility, im not sure if it has had a screen in it at all. i was gonna get the interior out next week and see if i can trace any water marks, then clean out under the scuttle.