My new MC2...Updated finally

domandmel

3rd brake light still there per first picture, last pic just shows fog and sidelights onand no brake lights. each to their own fella but i love it!

I was looking through your photo's, given me the confidence to do mine once my second bulb holder arrives! :D

1"£££$££"!!

it really is quite somple once you have got the light inits out and you can see the wiring colours and where they go etc... also this way you dont hav to buy a red bulb to go in the reverse light, altho either way is cool in my opinion. just go for it mate!

• 2 years later...

Time for a massive thread revival on my part!

You would have thought i would have done loads to the deck in the last couple years since not posting on here.......but no....i havent...until now(ish)

I was kind of falling outta love with the deck a while ago and was thinking of selling up, but a few prob needed sorting with it first before anyone would even be interested in it.

The main problem was with the gearbox, it was being a complete b*****d to select first or reverse when stationary and the clutch pedal was pretty heavy, altho its been like this since i bought it so just put up with it.

Well, one day my missus couldnt get out of a parking space she was in as it wasnt going into any gear for love nor money. So decided to get the car in at work and whip out the box and give the release bearing and input shaft a clean and re grease in the hope this would cure it.

Removed gearbox and clutch to find the clutch was down practically past the rivets!! god knows how it was still working at all!! So ordered a new clucth kit, re greased everything up and got it all back together....and its like a new car!! pedal is so light and lovely to drive again im in love and gonna keep her.

So the first bit of modding in 2 years is complete, nothing major but a bit of carbon to spruce up the interior and bring it a bit more up to date

what i started with (couple bits missing)

20140228_191544_zpsjp8u1xm1.jpg

and finished with this

20140310_074028_zpsvbfc9xkq.jpg

20140310_074022_zpsay2lvpgh.jpg

20140310_074033_zpsiv6zanm5.jpg

got a few more bits to do in the pipeline, but she is back and shes a keeper!!

cheers for looking

Dom

• Like 2

Blimey, it has been a long time, glad you've not sold up and re-found your love for the car though. :)

I think your photos were probably lost in the forum changeover last year, lots were, I don't know if there's any quick way of updating it other than editing each post and re-linking. :(

• Like 1

Love it when the postman comes!

20140314_184014_zpsfmh1rxo2.jpg

Saw these on ebay and had to have them. Not normally a fan of these things, but when one of my number plates fell off and bounced down the road i thought i may have to do something about it....but not drill into the plate as i hate that look

20140314_184109_zpsnn3kua99.jpg

Thats it for now, pics once i have them fitted

Dom