Car Cleaning/Polishing/Waxing Chit Chat

james

Cheers for the advice, yes both Lime Prime & Lime Prime Lite are pre wax cleansers with differing levels of abrasive, from the info I could find the lite is more suitable for soft paint.

I might try a test on the spoiler as that is relatively simple to replace if it goes t1ts up or maybe just a whole other polish such as the megs or menzerna.

Can't really afford a gauge so have to rely on advice and guides.

you will be grand man don't worry, i know what it feels like at the start but its not all that easy to make a F--- up with a DA if you dont go hard over edges and high spots  

Do you test spot on the near side so you wont see it ever time you sit in your car 

if you are serious about getting good correction you will need a light to spot the imperfections while working 

What pads have you Nick?

I have flexipads orange polishing pad and red finishing pad.

I got this kit: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAS6-500-watt-Dual-Action-Machine-Car-Polisher-Dodo-Juice-Complete-Kit-/150691667617?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item2315ec5ea1

Was thinking about a light as when I took photos yesterday the imperfections weren't showing up.

PRO - nice kit 

a simple floor light even if something bigger with stands is out of the question 

imagine what it would be like having this view when machining 

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j445/nikh25/IMG_0027_zps29bf9256.jpg

the swirls are clearly visible and easy to see 

not saying anything, i love your car  :wink:

Yes, would make life a lot easier.

I'm not offended mate, as I know they're there, if I'd taken the same photo in the morning though they were even more visible. It's definitely improved but needs work as I'm aiming for perfection eventually. :D  :unsure:

I use scholl concepts s3 gold. All rounder. Is very good and you can't really go wrong. It's literally a one step application with a microfibre pad or a scholl spider pad. It has polish in aswel so you can literally work it in and not really have to worry too much

• Like 1

• Dave unpinned this topic