Car Cleaning/Polishing/Waxing Chit Chat

james

• 4 weeks later...

This is my method of washing my cars exterior

[*:a420p2ri]rinse
    [*:a420p2ri]clean wheels inside and outside (megs wheel brightener LOVE THIS STUFF, a wheel brush and a sponge )
    [*:a420p2ri]rinse again (why? to soften dirt)
    [*:a420p2ri]power wash (inside wheel wells making sure the lips on the rears have nothing trapped 8-) )
    [*:a420p2ri]hand wash (lambs wool wash mitt + autoglym shampoo)
    [*:a420p2ri]rinsed finally (using the sheeting method)
    [*:a420p2ri]towel dried

i dont drive it for an hour because of brake dust turning to luquid and streaking around the wheels

that takes me an hour i like to take it slow so i can watch what im doing :geek:

How do you guys/gals go about washing the pride and joy :)

Pre wash using a pressure washer all round wheels aswel

Then clean 2 wheels at a time using autoglym acid free wheel cleaner

Then another rinse over to make sure it's all nice and moist

Then I wash using autoglym car shampoo.

I then rinse off using pressure washer

Then use the sheet method

Finally I use a drying towel. While slamming doors and boots

a tip Chandler you probably know, AG shampoo is crap it sudsing up so what i do is fill one capful and put that in a bucket the just before hand washing i use the power washer to fill the bucket i find thats the best way to get suds from their shampoo

• Clean wheels using bilberry, with brushes and a sponge, rinse and powerwash under the arches.

• Prewash with foam.

• Rinse again.

• Handwash (also use AG) 2 bucket method using a noodle mitt.

• Rinse again. (I'll be trying the sheeting method next time as it looks a lot easier to dry that way) :idea:

• Dry with microfibre towels.

• Go over with a quick wax, if not polishing etc.

a tip Chandler you probably know, AG shampoo is crap it sudsing up so what i do is fill one capful and put that in a bucket the just before hand washing i use the power washer to fill the bucket i find thats the best way to get suds from their shampoo

Good tip James, I'll try that next time, I like a lot of suds. :D

yep i know :) take the nozzle off the end of the gun and blast away :) do you use the shampoo and conditioner? i use the AG shampoo which has no conditioner in when im doing my car properly

i think i really need to upload a picture of all my cleaning stuff when i can get a chance to get all of it out!! i'll get a video of my bonnet sheeting

lets hope this video works

th_E77AFB59-A069-4DDE-83C2-509C51FC9EEE-17261-00000C99DD974022_zps1986d77e.jpg

• Clean wheels using bilberry, with brushes and a sponge, rinse and powerwash under the arches.

• Rinse again. (I'll be trying the sheeting method next time as it looks a lot easier to dry that way) :idea:

• Good tip James, I'll try that next time, I like a lot of suds. :D

[*:2tlmwjmi]is bilberry acid based, it was all the rage before
    [*:2tlmwjmi]myG7hcb09KE from 23 seconds on :)
    [*:2tlmwjmi]i too like suds but AG is so lame that way :roll:

do you use the shampoo and conditioner? i use the AG shampoo which has no conditioner in when im doing my car properly

yep thats the one just because its readily available, i will be changing though for something with more lubrication and suds (NO! not ky jelly sick-smileys-1050.gif] )

i forgot to mention i use demon shine before i towel dry, 400ml split between two watering cans (5L each ).

When it runs out im going to look into something with more drying ability, on the AG course we used some of their autogloss rinse and it looked good :idea:

OH nice sheeting :P (holly sheet :o )

tbh honest i dont power wash my car .....

Hose it down one side ....

spray alloys with wonder wheels and use the brush

wash with...fairy liquid lol ( the bodywork )

hose down wheels and wash as above

turn the car around and repeat....

then dry with a chamois

all i can say is why?!?!?! your wrecking your paintwork if you use fairy liquid!! sick-smileys-1050.gif]

you can buy some cheap CAR shampoo from halfords or even most food stores like asda, tesco, sainsburys maybe.

can pick up some less than a fiver

if you compare using fairy liquid and some shampoo thats actually used for the job, you will see a big difference in how your paintwork comes out.

if your low on money a really handy tip is when your other half ent looking, pinch some of their conditioner, does the same job (so im told) and its better than using fairy liquid.

rant over

james, i dont know if bilberry is acid based but will find out.

i dont use any rinsing aids apart from the hose. (might be because i have got that much wax on the car WACK11111[smash.gif] )

yep used autoglym rinse, brilliant stuff, but sometimes on a quick wash i'll use autoglym Aquawax which is really good, quick and gives a great finish :)

will definately have ti get some piccies up of the bits and pieces i use :)

• Dave unpinned this topic