Car Cleaning/Polishing/Waxing Chit Chat

james

There is no section for just detailing on this forum, so lets start one

What car detailing products is everyone using

me... atm i am bursting to get the products and da machine, but with a wheel bearing and an abs sencor needing replacing i can not fund that lot :roll: so it will have to wait for a month or two

my plan is to do a full on job, claying, polishing,waxing. ill be doing the polishing and waxing with the da

just today i got in the post a lambs wool wash mit not as i expected not sure is it actual wool but i can see it holding in the dirt

anyway when i get fund$ i will be getting

das 6 machine polisher or a similar da

Meguiars NXT Generation Car Wash Shampoo

Bilt Hamber Auto Clay 200g

medium, fine and either glaze or finishing polish, think glaze and finishing polish are the same :?

Collinite wax

and some quick detailer

was thinking about Gilmour foamaster but not sure of this, a foamer would be nice

anyway guys whats your thoughts and what you got :?:

I currently use ..(around 3 times a year)

Turtlewax Ice car shampoo

Chamois dry car, then..

Meguires clay bar kit

Autoglymn polish (2 coats)

Turtlewax Ice polish (1 coat)

Turtlewax liquid wax (1 or 2 coats, depends how knackered I am!)

Then for monthly car cleaning I use..

Turtlewax car shampoo

Chamois dry car, then either...

Turtlewax Ice polish, Meguires Quick detailer polish or Autoglymn polish. (1 coat)

Turtlewax liquid wax. (1 coat)

For weekly car cleaning I use..

Turtlewax car shampoo

Chamois dry car, then either...

Turtlewax Ice polish or Meguires Quick detailer polish

For the tyres, I always use Tesco Tyre & Bumper restorer. Honestly, for £1 odds a can, it can't be beat. Gives a better longer lasting finish than Back to Black which is £5.99 a can!

For the interior, I use..

Meguires Gold Class leather cleaner.

Mr Muscle Glass cleaner.

And a bloody good vaccum cleaner! lol

Bearing in mind I've got Two civic M's to do!!! :shock:

PS: Good topic, changed to "sticky" ;)

just yesterday i ordered some dodo juice born to be mild shampoo, it seem alot of people on detailing world are using it so cant be bad and at £9 a bottle good value, i will report back with the results

wow dave thats a lota love right there

i realy have to get my a*s in gear, i am ashamed of my self tbh, my car has not been washed in nearly a month drag.gif1 i ran outa shampoo dummyspit.gif1

anyway that tesco tyre shine i will be keeping in mind, noting like a bargin

just today the postie delivered some car shampoo, dodo juice born to be mild

this is some good stuff leaves the car squeaky clean

i used it with a meguiars lambswool wash mitt and it suds up nicely with good lubrication

the smell is like hubba bubba chewing gum ...NICE!!!......

got it off e-bay from autostyling4u cost me €14 delivered to me door ( ireland )

a handy chart to mark paint defects before detailing so you know where needs polishing, compounding or dent removal etc detailer.gif1

The hatchback

carinperactionschart.jpg

And the estate

aerodeck.jpg

To Save The Image:

Left Click The Image To Enlarge It

Right-Click The Image And Choose The Option To Save Picture As, Save Image As, Or Save Image.

This Will Open A Save As Window. In This Window Browse To The Location You Wish To Save The Image To And Click The Ok Or Save Button.

a handy chart to mark paint defects before detailing so you know where needs polishing, compounding or dent removal etc detailer.gif1

The hatchback

carinperactionschart.jpg

And the estate

aerodeck.jpg

To Save The Image:

Left Click The Image To Enlarge It

Right-Click The Image And Choose The Option To Save Picture As, Save Image As, Or Save Image.

This Will Open A Save As Window. In This Window Browse To The Location You Wish To Save The Image To And Click The Ok Or Save Button.

For years all ive donemis use turtle wax shampoo with a good blob of mer car polish in the bucket of hot water, rinse wash then dry. My mate, well was, started valeting using "only the best car cleaning products, maguiers" so i thought give it to him give im sum extra cash and get all the odd marks and hair line scratches out. He had this stuff call scratch ex 2.0 iirc! Heres the out come of that!

6d973271.jpg

bb8ee29e.jpg

Theres more of these on the car but these are the worst bar th bonnet which looks poker dotted now as its opened up all the stone chips! Huh maguires best car cleaning product! May as well of washed it with a brillo pad and nitro mors!

• Dave unpinned this topic