Clutch??? Exedy OEM or stage 1???

weetec

Hi peoples, looking to fit a new clutch soon. my cars got basic bolt on mods but as usual its my daily driver.

Question as titled....feedback appreciated please...

also whats the difference with Exedy OEM and Honda Genuine Part???

Tegiwa sell the 2 but theres a £40 difference.? cheers.

Hi peoples, looking to fit a new clutch soon. my cars got basic bolt on mods but as usual its my daily driver.

Question as titled....feedback appreciated please...

also whats the difference with Exedy OEM and Honda Genuine Part???

Tegiwa sell the 2 but theres a £40 difference.? cheers.

im pretty sure exedy do make the oem honda clutches,

i guess the difference is most likely the clutch release bearing or something..

getting an uprated clutch now is worth doing, stage 1 will be better for the future and be able to cope with a little more abuse, i think the material will be slightly different and a touch harder on the pedal but not very noticeable..

my friend was daily driving his mb6 turbo with a 6 puck stage 4 competition clutch.. so stage 1 will be smooth enough for daily for you..

Is the stage 1 exedy the organic clutch? as i got my friend one for his subaru impreza sti and it was very nice to drive with..

im pretty sure exedy do make the oem honda clutches,

i guess the difference is most likely the clutch release bearing or something..

getting an uprated clutch now is worth doing, stage 1 will be better for the future and be able to cope with a little more abuse, i think the material will be slightly different and a touch harder on the pedal but not very noticeable..

my friend was daily driving his mb6 turbo with a 6 puck stage 4 competition clutch.. so stage 1 will be smooth enough for daily for you..

Is the stage 1 exedy the organic clutch? as i got my friend one for his subaru impreza sti and it was very nice to drive with..

I am running F1 Racing Technology - Stage 3 6 Puck Ceramic Sprung Disc Kit with lightened flywheel and cant fault it. Its not super stiff and works superb. YOu may want to go with stage 1 or 2 if want to spend less. THere's a bloke on us ebay who sells them really well priced and youll have it delivered in under 5 days ;)

I am running F1 Racing Technology - Stage 3 6 Puck Ceramic Sprung Disc Kit with lightened flywheel and cant fault it. Its not super stiff and works superb. YOu may want to go with stage 1 or 2 if want to spend less. THere's a bloke on us ebay who sells them really well priced and youll have it delivered in under 5 days ;)

im pretty sure too that exedy make the the honda clutches too. i dont think honda would open a seperate factory just to manufacture clutches? if it can suffer a bit of abuse at weekends and get me to work and back without developing serious leg ache. :lol: im thinking a stage 1 Exedy clutch...keep the feedback flowing people. 1"£££$££"!!

im pretty sure too that exedy make the the honda clutches too. i dont think honda would open a seperate factory just to manufacture clutches? if it can suffer a bit of abuse at weekends and get me to work and back without developing serious leg ache. :lol: im thinking a stage 1 Exedy clutch...keep the feedback flowing people. 1"£££$££"!!

• 9 months later...

Hi, i'm currently looking at these three options, all from Tegiwa:

F1 Racing Stage 1 at 125£

Exedy OEM at 150£

Exedy Stage 1 at 230£

Any point spending 230£ on a clutch if i can get about the same for 100£ less? :?

Archived