Rippy's Civic Aerodeck

Rippy

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alright mate, im just down the road from you im Bangor, nice aerodeck, im pretty sure i saw those wheels on a black vti for sale a few months back

check this site out for the exhaust, the aerodeck is not listed but if mongoose does one for the deck then he can get it. good to deal with, i got mine of him last month

Failing that i would got to dees in newtownabbey and get a powerflow made for it

SWEEEEEET car, I saw the ad for this one, i'm so jealous of your rear door spoiler - they are uber-rare! I want one bad.

I got my exhaust from Powerflow. Although the box resonated inside the car something rotten at 4000ish rpm ( between 70&80 on the motorway). It was a good fit and I had the chice of tips. Cat back cost me £300 inc. VAT and fitting. I would recommend not using a large box like I did and perhaps a small resonator section somewhere down the line, I got a Cat-replacement pipe from ebay too, it's a Japspeed jobbie and has 2 sensor bungs in it and it's a resonator too. came with gaskets & bolts. A seller called 2fast2cool2.

PHTO0010.jpg

PHTO0032.jpg

How loud is the powerflow and what diameter is the pipe the whole way up the car?

Id a wee renault megane which had a de-catted powerflow exhaust and by god it was loud :lol:

A lovely car you have there Rippy with the all so rare tailgate spoiler 8-) Why not get your rocher cover powder coated like this, the finish will be a LOT more durable then a painted finish like you have currently:

P6210897.jpg

SWEEEEEET car, I saw the ad for this one, i'm so jealous of your rear door spoiler - they are uber-rare! I want one bad.

I got my exhaust from Powerflow. Although the box resonated inside the car something rotten at 4000ish rpm ( between 70&80 on the motorway). It was a good fit and I had the chice of tips. Cat back cost me £300 inc. VAT and fitting. I would recommend not using a large box like I did and perhaps a small resonator section somewhere down the line, I got a Cat-replacement pipe from ebay too, it's a Japspeed jobbie and has 2 sensor bungs in it and it's a resonator too. came with gaskets & bolts. A seller called 2fast2cool2.

PHTO0010.jpg

PHTO0032.jpg

How loud is the powerflow and what diameter is the pipe the whole way up the car?

Id a wee renault megane which had a de-catted powerflow exhaust and by god it was loud :lol:

Yes it was quite loud at some revs until I ditched the cat and put a turbo on, now it's just right. I think it's 2 inch up to the box, not huge

no the rear spoiler wasnt part of the vti-s kit, it was a factory option for all aerodeck models, so you may see some lower spec LS models with one on, and some higher spec ones without, and vice versa. They were also available in all the colours available at the time.....Dawn did spot one in her local dealers parts dept that was in orleans blue, but didnt have the readies at the time. Now it's not there! :( Just depends if the first owner splashed the cash when new :D

Has anyone fitted the ebay manifolds to there car/honda before - like this one -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-CIVIC-B-SER ... 286.c0.m14

Or would it be better to go for this one??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-DC2-TypeR-4 ... 286.c0.m14

I hate the fact that powerflow weld your exhaust sytem without any flanges, if i was to bring a 4 branch manifold to them could they put the 4 branch on, weld a flange for it and put the exhaust sytem on??

Archived