remote central locking

ep82

OK this has been bugging me since the day I got my civic.

When I bought my civic, the chap who I am buying it from said that dont use the remote central locking, just use the key. If I use the remote then this will lock the car and also immobilize it. But when you press it again, this will unlock the car but the immobilizer will still be on. He said he spent ages trying to disarm the immobilizer.

So I was wondering if this sort of things happens? I need to use the car daily so I was too afraid to try it.

Not having remote central locking is really annoying as I know it's right there, if I did try it and the car was immobilized, then is there anyway to reset it??

well thats what I thought, but he told me that some reason there is something wrong with it and the immobilizer wont deactivate if I use the fob. that is why I have only been using the key.

I want to try the fob but I dont want to have a dead car!! I need it everyday to drop my kid off at playgroup and pick my wife up.

Fob on the MB / MC is only for doors locks mate.

The immobiliser is built into the key, tiny little chip.

When you put your key in the ignition, watch the green key light flash... That's the immobiliser signal.

When you turn off the engine, the key thing flashed again to indicate the immobiliser is armed

no mine looks like this.

dd738cf2.jpg

So if the fob only unlocks the door then why would he say dont use it as you wont be able to start the car again?? Really want to try it but too worried about not be able to start the car up again if anything

like above chi that fob only works the doors i have never heard of it working the immbo :roll: this is and odd one mmmm i can not even see how it could be wired up to do so ,like john says its the chip in the key .mmmmmmmmmm

the only think i can think off is an after market immobiliser as some how been wire to the fod sensor but thats an far out one guess . just can not see it myself :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: did he say how he disarmed the immbo then ?

no mine looks like this.

dd738cf2.jpg

So if the fob only unlocks the door then why would he say dont use it as you wont be able to start the car again?? Really want to try it but too worried about not be able to start the car up again if anything

that ladybird's trying to nick your keys by the way....

out of interest, have a spy under the driver seat to see if there's a metal box there... that's where the brain for my alarm is.

Archived