Time For A New Clutch - Joy

harVTEC

Hello everyone,

Right my Dad reckons I only have about 3K left in my clutch. Which is about right, it's done 87K and about 500 miles with seized rear calipers :/ (wasn't me)

The engine is a D15Z8. I don't know whether to buy an genuine OEM one (made by Exedy) or some kind of performance one and change to a lightened flywheel while I'm there.

Any ideas? Will the flywheel be worthwhile, mainly for when I track it. Please tell me your choice and experience with any performance clutches. Links, any help really.

Thanks in advance.

harVTEC

exedy would be good i reckon.

F1 clutch seem good too.

as far as lightened flywheel goes.. i like it but only when im out on my own.

the car really struggles the second you add any weight to the equation.

2 or more passengers then the lack of torque really makes itself apparent.

so it has pros and cons like most things,.

i put a f1 stage1 clutch and lightend flywheel in mine this year and all im going to say is i wont be going back to standard the stage1 clutch is very light(almost oem) and with the lightend flywheel the car responds great and i havent had any probs with the car struggling under weight (just done the blackpool rocks meet with me my mate and my wee boy plus tool box trolly jack and few bottles of coolant and oil just incase al went pete tong) and mines is just the wee d16 so cant really see there being much difference...... few links

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COMPETITION-C ... 563ea5cb3d

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/F1-RACING-STA ... 4aa8c794fd

hope this helps

as said i done both and the car responds great to the changes... but the flywheel has went up in price im sure they were £179 buy it now but i won mine in an auction for £100 delivered you just have to keep an eye out

Thanks for the replies guys :) I think I will order up an F1 clutch and the flywheel from the links, cheers kyekye.

Yeah I did think while the box was off I might as well add a lightened flywheel if it's a worthwhile mod.

Thanks again.

harVTEC

May as well put cranshaft oil seal on at same time :idea: and toe bearing in for a penny and all that :)

edit..

oh!! you get a bearing :roll:

new oil in box :)

things i gotta save for as.. oh well :?

Archived