Completely dead vti-s :(

ryan..

hey guys,

went to start the car this morning and it wouldnt start.

First time I turned the key I heard the fuel pump relay go, all the appropriate lights came on but the pump didnt prime nor did the ecu make any noises.

This happened before and it was the relay which had gone. Im going to check this, fuses and battery connections tonight when I get home from work but do you have any other suggestions as to what could be causing it?

checked fuses. All fine

Made connections on the battery better than they were (although they were tight)

wouldnt turn over

Checked voltage. Floating at 12.6. Gave it a few minutes charge.

nothing, tried again and fires into life.

Battery is now on charge. I charged it most of this evening and its now floating at 13v but its back on charge overnight

A mechanic mate of mine thinks its ignition related due to the battery/handbreak light not coming on but the rest of the instrument lights do. I think I might have it checked out just to be sure

make sure you have power on the low and high curcuits in the relevent positions of the switch the low voltage will be the one to your solinoid and maybe the cause,once the switch is off you can put a screwdriver in the switch and turn it do do the above tests check for dry joints also /;)

Archived