Cant hear noticable engine note change on 2nd vtec

Jimmer

Hi folks, I just fitted an induction kit to replace the airbox, still has the original pipe to the inlet manifold, and when i took it for a test, you can hear the first stage of vtec kick in, but when the revs rise to around when the second vtec kicks in, i cant hear it coming in. The car still seems to pull well and does sound better but i wondered if you are meant to hear both stages kick in easily and what i can do? I have done some searches, but didn't read anythin that relates. Sorry for my dummy question lol, i would rather ask than guess lol.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well the second stage is meant to have a noticable change in sound at 5.8k i think, is this right? cause i dont hear the engine note change around then. Although in first it still starts spinning from 6k up so im maybe be a spanner lol but its the fact that i can hear the first vtec comin in but not the second lol

ECU Reset,,,

After much Googling about resetting the ECU a variety of answers come up. None which seem to fully apply to the MB6 as usual :roll:

Some of the literature says that Honda ECU's have a fuse that says "back up" or a fuse that says "ECU" and you should remove these. The MB6 has both :lol:

After trial and error today I got a good result from the below.

After getting the car warm I shut her down and took out the "ECU fuse 15A" and the "Back Up fuse 7.5A"

Left it 10min

Started the car and just left her idling, you're supposed to leave it till it settles down to a smooth idle, [i left it idling for 10min as the fan activates after a certain point and it gives a chance for the fuel trims to include this].

Shut the car down and started it back up straight away. [This is supposed to save the new fuel trim settings].

Archived