Cant hear noticable engine note change on 2nd vtec

Jimmer

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right did the ecu reset, although from what i could see there was no back up ecu fuse, the 7.5a one, although carried on and went through the motions but hasn't really made a difference. Still cant hear the second vtec coming in, but i can still feel the accereration improve lol. Baffled...

Yeah mate I've a Vti-s, i had instantly thought when i saw there was no 7.5a fuse, there is a place for one, but i just thought a previous owner/mechanic didn't bother to replace it and that the car didn't need that fuse untill the 15a fuse broke, so i need to replace that when i get a 7.5a fuse, i only have 5's,10's an higher.

There's a black unit bolted to the underside of the inlet manifold. I think its the charcoal canister but the vacuum for the iabs is controlled from there. Most likely needs replacing. You'll be happy when its fixed. knight lost nearly 30hp when his packed up.

There's a black unit bolted to the underside of the inlet manifold. I think its the charcoal canister but the vacuum for the iabs is controlled from there. Most likely needs replacing. You'll be happy when its fixed. knight lost nearly 30hp when his packed up.

Yeah! Thats the one! :D

Well I think after some poking around today again, you seem to be spot on with the iab not functioning. Tried the ignition on/off check, when nothing happened, and decided to close the vacuum pipe which should hold the iab open, but it made no difference at all lol. Car still sounds awesome but just cant hear the changeover at 5800rpm.

I made a quick vid to show ya what i mean, sorry its not the best sound quality, but you should be able to hear it ok lol.

th_video-2012-01-02-15-19-28.jpg

Archived