My Civic MB2 Project! Discs and pads needed!

fyfie5

Thats cheap i know you can repair them but thats a good price keep it up mate.

yeh i saw a how to on repairing the individual resistors but ive never soldered anything so didnt fancy starting on that.

one question about painting the rocker cover, when i take it off can i blast it with a hose on the inside to clean off all the oil on it? will i have to re oil it? i know how to strip the paint and re paint it, just not sure about how to clean it.

yeh i saw a how to on repairing the individual resistors but ive never soldered anything so didnt fancy starting on that.

one question about painting the rocker cover, when i take it off can i blast it with a hose on the inside to clean off all the oil on it? will i have to re oil it? i know how to strip the paint and re paint it, just not sure about how to clean it.

yes mate you can clean the inside but it would be easyer to clean it with degreaser and then hot water and washing up liquid (fairy)

if poss ?

yes mate you can clean the inside but it would be easyer to clean it with degreaser and then hot water and washing up liquid (fairy)

if poss ?

ok so its fine to just clean it great! i dont have any degreaser so will have just give it a good scrub, but wont be doing it today as its started snowing :(

im now set on changing my leads, plugs and dizzy thanks to jimbob haha :P obviously i know how to change the leads but could someone enlighten me on changing the dizzy is it hard? and jimbob you still doing that how to on the plugs when you change yours? cheers

I will mate dont panic it's a case of remove the ht leads from the top of the rocker cover, you need a spark plug 16mm socket, place over the spark plugs and unscrew them and pop em out, then get the new plug put in in the socket slide it down the chamber and hand screw in it in and nip up with a ratchet, make sure you don't cross thread and don't over tighten just nip them up.

It's easy

The dizzy cap is 3 bolts small 8mm I think undo one may snap if corroded enough the bottom normally, undo remove the cap there's a spring inside the cap with a small flint inside that locates on the middle of the rotor arm if it's warm it will crumble or shoot out so careful, remove cap put new on in place tighten up.

Remember the order of the plugs coz get it wrong and will chugg like a tractor.

I will mate dont panic it's a case of remove the ht leads from the top of the rocker cover, you need a spark plug 16mm socket, place over the spark plugs and unscrew them and pop em out, then get the new plug put in in the socket slide it down the chamber and hand screw in it in and nip up with a ratchet, make sure you don't cross thread and don't over tighten just nip them up.

It's easy

The dizzy cap is 3 bolts small 8mm I think undo one may snap if corroded enough the bottom normally, undo remove the cap there's a spring inside the cap with a small flint inside that locates on the middle of the rotor arm if it's warm it will crumble or shoot out so careful, remove cap put new on in place tighten up.

Remember the order of the plugs coz get it wrong and will chugg like a tractor.

great thanks but i think ill wait for the how to before i try anything just in case :P

think i might just manage to change the leads on my own :lol:

ok you might have to wait a little longer as i am having a track rod end malfunction waiting for new supplier to send when i get it looking like thursday/friday ill be on it but i got some other bits to do until then.

this isnt an a hole comment genuinely useful in these situations is a Haynes Manual i have one we all get stuck sometimes and a honda builders guide also good reading please dont take the wrong way i have them both what taught me and help from my dad on other older models.

ok you might have to wait a little longer as i am having a track rod end malfunction waiting for new supplier to send when i get it looking like thursday/friday ill be on it but i got some other bits to do until then.

this isnt an a hole comment genuinely useful in these situations is a Haynes Manual i have one we all get stuck sometimes and a honda builders guide also good reading please dont take the wrong way i have them both what taught me and help from my dad on other older models.

nah thats cool mate im not in any hurry, looking into getting a haynes manual off of eBay, also think its worth getting the mg zs shocks and springs? i know it will be an upgrade but will it sit any higher :shock: or lower?

will these fit?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ZS-FRONT-S ... 1e6aae5dfe thanks again