Interior squeak!

Krzys

Ever since I got my MB6 I've had what can only be described as a trapped pidgeon in the car :lol:

As you drive along, there's something moving enough to make a high pitched squeak, I can re-produce this when stationary by closing the rear offside door which leads me to believe it's internal and somewhere in the back.

Any ideas? Everything appears to be in place as it should at first glance but thought I'd see if anyone else has any ideas?

Ta! 1"£££$££"

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, parcel shelf, check to see if you have the little metal locating clips, they seem to break quite easily.

Are they the ones in the tailgate or where the piveting point of the parcel shelf is?

I had a look at the hooks last night, seems the plastic trim on the tailgate itself is very loose on one side, could that have something to do with it?

If its the bit where the handle is when you have the boot open, then it could cause it. As when i removed my number plate recess i didnt clip the boot plastic back in right the first time and the clips squeaked until i realised and clipped them in properly.

Yep, parcel shelf, check to see if you have the little metal locating clips, they seem to break quite easily.

Are they the ones in the tailgate or where the piveting point of the parcel shelf is?

I had a look at the hooks last night, seems the plastic trim on the tailgate itself is very loose on one side, could that have something to do with it?

Yes, that's them but if the tailgate trim is loose it's probably that.