Track Rod ends for the MC2 VTI Nightmare at motor factors

Guest jimbob738

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you believe 2 motor factors local and 1 Ebay douce cake were too busy with there fingers in their a holes and couldnt get the right part since last thursday my cars been in the air on stands, i have to go to a company in bloody cumbria to get what i need its a joke but i will be :D when i get it on, my cars aint going so well right now i need a boost feeling real down today!

bongo has dropped 1 litre in two days and 400ml today going to collect my cylinder head testing kit up in morning head could be warped as not leaking no where UV stuff no visible anywhere under 1 bar pressure spells bad BONGO news :cry:

i hate it when my cars on axle stands gives the impression to others that Hondas are not reliable when the are just Motor Factors have always been a pain to get jap parts.

:lol: i know the feeling mate, theres an old boy who owns the garage next to the one i use and every time im there he comes out and says problems again have we? Er no it just constant improvement! :lol: get back to your tea and biscuits! :o

Same my neigbours "problems Jay" they shout erm no for f*ck sake its not my fault after 25-30 years motor factors still cant accomidate for jap motors means my cars cant get the right parts unless i go to performance suppliers like camskill. does my head in plus what makes it worse they drive a sh1te Pug!

It's not just Jap cars motorfactors have a problem with, I went into my local (very well known national chain) one and asked the guy for an exhaust manifold gasket for a 98 Astra 1.6. He gave me an inlet gasket for a 1.7 d Corsa Combi van! WTF?!?!

Another time I went in there for brake discs and pads for my old Pug 405. Went home, took off old discs, pads fell apart on removal, went to fit new pads and lo and behold - completely different shape! I was without a car for a few days and had to cycle back there to exchange them. Turns out they gave me Peugeot 106 pads!

And the icing on the cake - My old Primera Sport was running rough and noticed the rotor arm tip was burnt to a crisp. Went to said motorfactors and ordered a new one which would be with them in a couple of days. Collected it, took it home, wouldnt fit. Took it back, ordered another one, went back again and completely different shape to the first one adn still not right. I told him to forget it and asked for my money back. I was not a happy boy.

I went to another local motorfactors and asked them for the rotor arm and he asked me if i wanted a Blueprint part? 'What's one of them?' 'They're made to OEM spec so definitely will fit' - He was right!

I now use them for any parts I need and even if they get it wrong they are very apologetic and try their best to rectify the issue - not like the other place.

Sorry for adding my rant to your thread :oops:

I feel your pain Brother!

i will now just buy blue print parts as they have always been as close to honda parts as possible, the part in the picture was a QH part in and ADL box they F*cked UP then they couldnt get hold of the correct part and tried blagging it i will never enter that shop again in all my days.

i now have my part its at home my missus just text me the picture im buzzing cant wait to drive my girl again poor car.

This is 100% the correct Track Rod End if you have anything else on its wrong get it changed i have had tat confirmed by Honda Lookers Derby ring them if you dont beleive me, the others were for 92-95 hatch backs. ADL Blue print Track Rod END:

photo-2.jpg

sounds like if you get owt from motor factors it would be better to change the parts in there car park !

or even on there door step that way they will pull there finger out if parts are wrong ?

i have noticed over the years ov owning hondas parts are a pain in the arse to source :x

iv got two tie rod arms that i bought some years ago and was told they fit my mc2 but when i tried to fit them ?

the inner thread was too small . couldnt be arsed to listen to a bull sh#t story so i just threw them in to the (parts that didnt fit box) :lol:

i then phoned honda dealer to get a price and nealy died when they said that they dont sell them alone but i will have to buy a full

steereing rack at £1300 +vat :shock: so just goes to show that even honda dealers try to have our pants down ?

my reply to that was if i need a fuse would i have to buy a full fuse box :lol: they then swiftly hung up the phone ;)