My MB6_R by TeamAmatuzzi

oxide

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Hello oxide,

just found out today that you are on our forums as well. I actually posted your car in two threads without knowing you are registered here aswell.

I posted your rocker cover in danxs thread "rocker painting service" since I absolutely felt in love with the color scheme on your rocker cover. I think the black spark plug cover and red lettering look really georgous on that white head cover. Very stylish mate.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=998&p=13826#p13826

also have posted a picture of your car in my thread "custom painted original wheels - post pics for inspiration"

didn't have any more pics back than, but updated it today and added more pics

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1527&p=13939#p13939

I really wanted to congrat you on very stylish car. I really like your style of mods. I plan on refurbishing my wheels to black as you. Will probably buy rota circuit 8 for summer (cause I don't have cash for ce28n), but will refurb my original vti alloys to glossy black and use it for winter I guess when i have some cash for that.

Btw how did you flatten the rocker cover so it is not wrinkled? Did you sand off the wrinkle finish or just added lot of layers of paint to smoothen it out? I really like it and would love to have mine looking like that (as I said in my post in danxs thread). I am still not sure how long will the smoothened finish look after some time. How long do you have your cover painted like that? Danxs says the wrinkle finish is best since the heat will not damage the paint that quick, but I just really like it so I am kinda deciding whether to go for wrinkle finish or the flat one like you have. Hope you don't mind stealing your ideas, but it just looks so good that I cannot help myself ;o]]

I would probably go for the same color scheme as you but maybe go with the wrinkle white finish so it stays nice longer.

btw I found your thread today while looking for TEIN coilovers. Did you already find out which fit the mb6? They don't list the mb6 so some set for another model would have to be used. I've found today one user that has TEIN SuperStreet coilovers on his mb6, but since it was fitted by a previous owner I am not sure if he can provide the info about what parts they are (unless he takes the wheel off and looks at the part number). I would like bring the car down but want the height adjustment independent on the damper force, so I need to get the TEIN MONO Flex system or the Comfort Sport. Haven't decided on that yet since I don't plan to install them anytime soon (no cash for all the stuff I want and it's not on top of my list). Also I really like the idea of having the EDFC in my car and regulating the force from behind the wheel. I need the ride to be not too harsh since our road sucks and I don't track my car, but would maybe like to in the future. Please let me know if you have more info about which TEIN application would fit our mb6.

And congrats on the first place in 1.8L category ;o]

Pretty impressive that the engine withstands 9500rpm with so little engine work. Are you sure you haven't forgot to list some? Like better retainers, rods etc?

• 8 months later...

Archived