My New Accord type r

stoatman

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where to start mate. To be fair its a bit of a different animal , a proper Type R. Dont get me wrong I loved my aerodeck but compared to this its soft , slow and very "normal".

The engine is amazing, the B18C4 was great but this has more torque being a 2.2 and the single Vtec kick is a real surge forward . The intake noise is also massive. My car has the typhoon kit and the remus back boxes so the crossover is intense.

Handling wise the turn in is crisper and there seems alot more mechanical grip . The chassis is better balanced and its much easier to hustle down the B roads.

The gearbox is more difficult to get used to , it needs sharp precise changes to get the best out of it and to avoid any crunches , the aerodeck was much easier to drive generally and is more user friendly. The aerodeck had alot less rust too !.

Regards interior space the accord has more front and back and the cabin is a bit of a nicer place to be . Obviously less boot space but its still quite a big boot.

The accord seems a little more delicate , oil usage and gearbox issues seem to be very common and certain problems seem expensive to fix.

Its a great car though , every journey is more of an event and more people seem to give it a second glance , unfortunately the aerodeck had the whole old man image. MPG wise its actually pretty similar when driven very easily. I can get 35/38 if I try. Very very easy to get alot less than this though.

• 4 weeks later...

Its been a while , a couple of weeks ago I had the cambelt / Tensioner / Balance belt and all auxiliary belts changed (300 quid all in from Vtec Direct , great price I thought). Im currently refurbishing some alloys and waiting for my wurth lacquer in the post. I'llget some pics ups when thats done.

• 2 weeks later...