Flat spot at 2K

Shaddow

Hi all,

Hope someone might have some more knowledge on this subject than me. About a month ago my MB6 VTi-S developed a flat spot at about 2K rpm, and only really noticable in 2nd and sometimes 3rd gear. However, I did have some lag today when pulling away in 1st.

Only ways I have found to overcome the flat spot is to either dip the clutch to bring the rev's up, or just plant my foot.

Any idea what could be the cause? Sticky throttle body? I am carrying out a full oil change on the car this weekend as the last oil change was about 8000miles ago. I normally service the car every 6000 miles but weather and oil supply has kept me away. To try and solve the issue I have also replaced all spark plugs with NGK-R and also replaced Dizzy cap and rotor. This has made no change.

Thanks for any advice. Ill be glad to get the car back up to optimum performance.

Thanks for the info, will check and clean filter tomorrow. Replaced fuel filter about a 1000miles ago. Leads are 3years old and are KV85's.

Hope the oil change and possible ecu reset will do it.

Ill try and take one tomorrow. Noticed today when its in the flat spot, just coming off the pedal and back on seems to get it out of the flat spot.