engines......

oscar-r

i test drove a mc2 vti today, and it has to be said i was very disapointed, made the right sounds etc, but didnt seem to go anywhere. so my question is can the b18 from the teg be dropped straight in?

Why were you dissapointed?

What do you call as fast? Fast in a straight line or fast round the twisty stuff?

The MC2 is 1285kg with the same power output as the hatchback. It has a BHP/tonne of 130. It also has an economy orientated ECU and gearbox. Even the MB6 don't feel fast when standard. Both the MB6 and MC2 need modified before they accelerate or handle the way they should.

they are pretty boat like, depends what filter it had on mine bogs down big time with a cone filter on! the biggest thing though is who owned the car before, i.e there driving style, ive had many cars that have been realy tight due to previous owners driving style, and have losened up over time. ;)

The air filter was a raid hp filter and the owner was in his 40s tho i know he dosnt really rag cars, i sort of expected the car to be nippy. Ive owned a lot of cars and i was just a lil bit disapointed. I have the facilities to work on a car tho so gonna test drive a few and might get a flight back to the uk to pick one up

Ive owned cars you need to rev in the past, an rx8 and ep3. I really want an estate for the daily and spent 6 months looking at stageas but the mpg scared me off! I also know of a k20 going cheap. But i assume that would be a lot of work!