fixing heater matrix/fan speed service?

ep82

I was just wondering if there is anyone on here who can solder new parts to fix the fan?

I have seen a few people fixing their heater matrix by soldering blocks to replace the filmsy wires. My fan 1 and 2 has just gone and I want to get it fixed again. However I dont know whats what, when it comes to electronics and I can't trust myself solder as I will solder the wrong parts and end up setting fire to the car as it overheats :roll:

So I was seeing if there is service on here where I can send you my spare heater matrix panel and you can fix it and send it back, obviously I will send you paypal for parts and labour :)

unless you live near dorset and I will pop on up and pay cash

I changed mine from a rover (got it from the scrappy) about a year ago and it blew recently. So changing the pack isn't a problem. it's just soldering the new stuff on I can't do

I just want some which will last longer.

I also bought one of these before but I am too afraid to solder it on myself.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-Heater- ... 1e6dd78a8e

I tried typing rover 400 heater on ebay and that is the only thing came up.

EDIT. just found some more on ebay and it looks like someone has dribbled white stuff on the coils. is that normal?

Is there any on ebay which is trusted and tested by members on here?

I know how to solder. managed to wire up my robot head with fully working lights and leds from just a few spare LED's scrap wires and a battery pack

I just dont know if you solder the wrong coils to wrong terminals, would that just over heat and end up setting fire to parts under the dash. :oops:

I know how to solder. managed to wire up my robot head with fully working lights and leds from just a few spare LED's scrap wires and a battery pack

I just dont know if you solder the wrong coils to wrong terminals, would that just over heat and end up setting fire to parts under the dash. :oops:

You don't want that!!! :shock: