ABS Sensors - Easy Fix?

Shaddow

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi VTEC Choir 67. Thanks for the info.

Just read through some of the guid, and will come in very usefull. Now just to start the diagnostics and hope I can follow all the flow diagrams and electrical talk! :shock:

Thanks

No problem Shaddow.

I have just had a weird problem with my ABS light.

I fitted a new trailing arm bush (which involved lots of hammering) and when I had finished, I turned key, bloody ABS light on again arghhhh, I got the codes using the paperclip method. Codes were 12, 16 and 18.

Went all through the fault finding from the manual above. No faults found.. still ABS light on..... So thought F**k it and took her for a test drive. Light went out as soon as i got to 10 MPH. Light has stayed out too, not sure what was wrong but it goes to show how annoying things can be sometimes.

This problem seems to be never ending for me. Paperclip error code shows Rear Right. Used the multi-meter as described in the guide straight from the pins on the modular block.

Results:

Rear Right - Nothing shown

Rear Left - Nothing shown

To ensure I am doing it right, I check front right and left. Both show to in spec.

Ill try and swap the faulty sensor again and see if it works!

• 3 weeks later...

banghead.gif1banghead.gif1banghead.gif1banghead.gif1banghead.gif1banghead.gif1

So Update, the latest fault code shown was "15", indicating faulty Offside rear sensor. I ordered the sensor, checked with a multimeter before installing and got the correct values. Installed the sensor and now the car shows code "17" then "15". I replaced the Near-side sensor about 2 months ago.

Any advice???

Thanks

• 2 months later...