ABS Sensors - Easy Fix?

Shaddow

Hi,

I have had my ABS light on for a while now and just found the thread showing how to read the fault codes. After going out and doing this, I got codes 13 and 17.

According to the post, it means FL and RL sensors are open/short to power.

I am hoping as it is both front and back on the same side of the car, it might be something not related to the sensors themselves.

Has anyone had this same problem before?

If it does generally mean the sensors need replacing, where would be the best place to obtain new ones? I have managed to find a front one from Euro Car Parts, no no-where seems to stock rear ones. However, I really hope I dont need to replace them as the front was £150+vat. :shock:

I have checked the little fuse box in the engine bay that says ABS on it, but all seems find in there. I also checked continuity on the 2 front sensors and both seems to fall in the same range (740-767) with car both off and running.

Hope I can get it fixed soon as its not fun not having ABS when the roads are wet.

Thanks for any advice.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got a quote for about £200 for each sensor. Did not really want to go with second hand parts as not sure of reliability, but seems it will be the way to go given the price.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Need some further assistance. Just replaced my nearside sensor with a second hand one. However after plugging it back in, I still have my abs light and still have fault "code 17". Any advice what would be next on the check list?

Thanks