Advice please... Road Trip

RobE84

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

x2 on not bothering with the intake mani.

Front wheel drive / fairly heavy car- number 1 on your list should be decent rubber, a set of spare front alloys with R888's at least I would have thought. Maybe would go for zs180 stuff with good springs, uprated brake pads and fresh 5.1 and a decat?

lads did holy head to the accommodation near the ring in about 10 or 11 hours driving... they kept a healthy pace through the uk and europe though...

another question, can i in theory run a set of 16's on the front say 205/55 and my normal 17's on the rear 215/40?? or do i keep same size wheels front and back...

why would you do that =?

Take a look at the cost of 17" track tyres. Drive out on your standard wheels then fit a set of proper boots in 15/16" or something to the driven axle before you hit the track is the conventional wisdom.

Weight reduction is tricky on the aerodeck if you want to use it as a daily again when you return. It is easy to lose weight from the rear but this obviously will not help the handling. If you remove too much you will need fully adjustable coilovers to regain ride height etc.

The best money you can spend is on making sure the car is in top mechanical order- apparently they will bend you over if you drop oil on track, dropping oil and not stopping puts you in serious sh!te and then they shaft you for the recovery cost. (so I hear ;) )