Advice please... Road Trip

RobE84

i am looking at a possibility of tagging along with about 18 petrol heads to the nurburgring for a long weekend of track time...

i am loving the aerodeck the way it is now but need to have it a little more track ready...

hoping to have about €800 towards mods... i know new springs are needed so that leaves me about €640...

what would this best be spent on.... taking into account fuel and accommodation are covered...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

springs? what sort for 160E :?: eibach would be best £235 :o , though progresive and not linear type best i recon for deck and best spring quality

whats your set up atm ??

current spring setup is cut stock springs.....

a mate of mine owns icetronix.com and he has a set of 40mm lower spirngs knocking about that have been on display so its a case of mates rates...

cant remember the name off hand... and what year mgzs do i need to find to get bits from... and what bits will swap straight over???

is it worth changing the intake and exhaust manifolds and exhaust??? or is that going down the re-map route??

sounds like you're in for some fun :)

if you did go eibachs you'll definately need better shocks... for the roads, but massively for track and especiallly the ring - the bounce with standard shocks is scary.

if i had my time over, i'd try the koni yellow shocks on the standard springs, but with the spring cups on the shocks on the owest setting so you still get a bit of a drop.. I reckon that'd give a comfortable ride, but much better handling than standard. always gives the choice of upgrading the springs if still needed.

wish i'd done the shocks first so I knew - anyone else upgraded shocks but not springs?

sorry if I'm hijacking the thread a bit, but for control in bends good shocks rock 8-)

I would as mgzs setup plus the mg Rear arb

This with a full exhaust system and some better wheels. A full service is a must, new oil, plugs, filters etc.. ;)

was thinking at service performance denso plugs, full service kit and what i need to know is what year mgzs can i get bits from...

i am new to the honda scene... my last toy was this: DSC00328.jpg

so i just want to make a complete shopping list and start chipping away at it...

2.5" exhaust or 3"...

wont ever be going down the turbo route so looking for best setup...

just read cut springs... :shock:

they'll need changing then..

:shock::shock:

good pads/discs mgzs 180 suspension geo set 2.5 mani 4-1 or 4-2-1 or 4-2-2-1 try y

or get good adjustable damper spring and arb rear

just read cut springs... :shock:

they'll need changing then..

:shock::shock:

good pads/discs mgzs 180 suspension geo set 2.5 mani 4-1 or 4-2-1 or 4-2-2-1 try y

or get good adjustable damper spring and arb rear

imo most inportant

no.1 good pads/discs

2geo set

3mgzs 180 suspension

about 400 quid petrol i wonder