Boot Won't Shut?!

col

Didn't know where else to put it so it's going in here.

Bit of a strange one but my boot won't shut, and lock without a great deal of unnecessary force. I have to literally throw it down with both hand to get it to lock in place, but when i do, it won't then open on the key, only by pulling, quite hard on the boot release lever.

there's nothing i can see thats out of place, it's just happened overnight, anyone any ideas or suggestions?

col

had a little play with it earlier and the mechanism seems to work fine, presses round no problem with a key and the lever on the side allows it to spring back no problem, will have a go anyway, can't do any harm :)

you can adjust the locking mechanism a little at a time to get best the result. make sure you do it with car parked on a flat surface. could be rubber damper things on either side may need adjusting.

FIXED!

on closer inspection, there are some witness marks on the cable/ metal loop assembly, that should line up with marks on the car, the whole lot had been pushed down, so a few technical adjustment with a hammer and hey presto. fully functioning boot!

• 2 weeks later...