Intermittent Running Problems with the MB6! :(

Soldier456

Ok, firstly the problem... The car can run fine, with no problems. On another day, it can be a little lumpy on idle, lose power when pulling away or changing gear, and sometimes stall, with a few crank attempts before it gets going again, which is not fun in traffic! I can actually force the problem sometimes by increasing the revs too quickly from idle, (Slamming my foot on the pedal) some days will rev normally, and some days will choke a bit then die. When I attempt to re-start the engine, I turn the key to the battery, and get a nasty loud wering noise, and the engine judders. It wont turn over until I start again.

I changed the plugs as the first step, and this made the problem not so bad, or far less frequent. I'm going to start looking at sensors, dizzy, fuel and things, but was hoping someone could shed some light!?

Cheers! :)

So, inspected the dizzy, but couldn't get the rotor arm off, screw was solid!! Cleaned the terminals, fired her up, and it was instant! Go to park the car up and she just dies, and wont start again?! Now i've got no spark to the plugs! Leads tested ok, and cap terminals ok. Maybe the dizzy has just gone? Ganna take the dizzy off and get it in the garage for further testing. How much would people pay for a replacement? Seen a fully dizzy and leads from a deck for £80 on ebay.