mb2 build up..Starter problem!

Raz s

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments chaps! Small update. Got the rear drivers side door shut in paint so just the rear quarter left on this side left to paint but i still need to get the paint for this as im going to spray it through the compressor rather than rattle can.

Also my freind who is an auto electrician popped round to help fit ( mostly fit) :lol: the thatcham alarm he managed to bag me :) .i just needed to get new looms. It is all immobilised now and the alarm works just the other features left to do... window closing, central locking, courtesy light etc.

He also owns the mint polo below [smitten.gif][smitten.gif]

DSC_0010-1.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

bodywork came out good, better than the bodyshop that did my cill/door jam last year!! For a rattle can spray job looks impressive to me.

On the alarm- did your mate manage to bypass the Honda transponder system or do you have the 2 running in parallel? Just wondering as I want to remove the alarm from mine completely

bodywork came out good, better than the bodyshop that did my cill/door jam last year!! For a rattle can spray job looks impressive to me.

On the alarm- did your mate manage to bypass the Honda transponder system or do you have the 2 running in parallel? Just wondering as I want to remove the alarm from mine completely

Cheers dude! I think it all depends on what you want the end result to be. Im a tad ocd when it comes to stuff like that. I always want it as good as i can possible get it using the equipment and skills i have, even if it takes a little longer.

He bypassed the old honda unit as far as i am aware. It never worked properly any way. But yeh we didn't even touch the old system.

Cheers dude! I think it all depends on what you want the end result to be. Im a tad ocd when it comes to stuff like that. I always want it as good as i can possible get it using the equipment and skills i have, even if it takes a little longer.

He bypassed the old honda unit as far as i am aware. It never worked properly any way. But yeh we didn't even touch the old system.

I have no bodywork skills so seeing all the work you put in and how well it came out I wish I could do it, me with welding gear is probably not a good idea though :lol: Couldn't agree more though, if you have the skills to do a proper job then you want it the best it can be.

I think the only true way to ditch the Honda alarm/immobiliser is to buy a new ECU but I'm not at that stage just yet. [smash.gif]

Thanks for the comments chaps! Small update. Got the rear drivers side door shut in paint so just the rear quarter left on this side left to paint but i still need to get the paint for this as im going to spray it through the compressor rather than rattle can.

Also my freind who is an auto electrician popped round to help fit ( mostly fit) :lol: the thatcham alarm he managed to bag me :) .i just needed to get new looms. It is all immobilised now and the alarm works just the other features left to do... window closing, central locking, courtesy light etc.

He also owns the mint polo below [smitten.gif][smitten.gif]

DSC_0010-1.jpg

Nice work as usual in fact what am i saying (nice) TOP work as usual mate looking sweeeeet... [smitten.gif][smitten.gif]

And very tidy polo he got there my mate was a fan he had a H Plate GT and a J Plate G40 they changed my perception of polo's

Keep up the excellent work :mrgreen::mrgreen: