windscreen - heated.

jasons

I could be interested in this too, if it can be done without the removal of the dash? Would also like to use a sperate switch too (same as the rear one) . Would need a courier price to scotland though.

PS: made this a sticky so it gets more attention ;)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be interested in this too, if it can be done without the removal of the dash? Would also like to use a sperate switch too (same as the rear one) . Would need a courier price to scotland though.

PS: made this a sticky so it gets more attention ;)

Cool thanks.

You might be able to do it without taking the dashboard out but you'd have to push the wires through from under the dash before the new screen goes in. Not a job I'd want to do after seeing what is under there but again no impossible. You could use the old trick of using welding rod or a metal coat hanger to push/pull the wires through. As for the separate switch, this is quite easy providing you have the switch and somewhere to locate it. It would be x10 easier if it could be done while the old screen was out before the new one goes in ;)

Photo below shows the interior with the dash removed only (early on in my build :)), and depending on where the wires end up depends on the route. If they end up in the middle (which I hope they do) then you might be able to just lift out the top centre vent, remove the bolt holding the top of the dash in and pull the dash up a little to feed the wires through, as shown by the red lines. If its the sides then it may be a bit trickier but with the old screen out you would have room to work from the outside in, as shown by the blue lines.

Windscreen%2520wiring.jpg

Maybe Jason could shed some light on this???

So far, just DeLaSoul from this forum is 'in'

If I can get 1 more 'in', then we can get these ordered, I have 8 'ins' on the mg xpower forum, 1 from here, just need 1 more.

Is anyone else up for it?

asked the question about wiring, answer is...

"Two wires each side at the bottom about 20 mill in from the corner"

then it should be possible to do just by slackening off the dash to provide enough movement so as to route the wires, I see no need to remove the dash.

My car is stripped out, as is delasouls, so these can be a test bed to find best routes etc for wiring.

• 1 month later...

cut off was 3rd jan for any extras, so order has been placed by Ricky Evans with the manufacturer (safety glass tyneside I think), so we should be seeing these early March if not before - in time for the snow.

cut off was 3rd jan for any extras, so order has been placed by Ricky Evans with the manufacturer (safety glass tyneside I think), so we should be seeing these early March if not before - in time for the snow.

Cool, looking forward to getting mine :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...