mcjacko1987

FroSTy my frozen white st225. revo stage 4 approx 350bhp - 370bhp. Wrapped

205/40 the tyres are. Got my steelies back on now though. As for fuel light u reminded me to sort that as mine doesn't even come on. And I've had the fuel on the bottom marking of the gauge lol. Might get some spark plugs today as I've got a spare tenner.

205/40 the tyres are. Got my steelies back on now though. As for fuel light u reminded me to sort that as mine doesn't even come on. And I've had the fuel on the bottom marking of the gauge lol. Might get some spark plugs today as I've got a spare tenner.

NGK ;) I actually rate the Irridiums but even standard new ones often work wonders.

205/40/17's are about 3% out in the wrong direction, that'll hurt badly until up to motorway speed.

Well filled up another tank (almost) reset mileage so will see what I get granny driving it with 15" steelies on.

Not bought the spark plugs yet lol.

Will have a look on eBay see what I can find at a good price. Hate spending £20+ on spark plugs as they don't do much different than standard ngks that you can usually get for £9. But if anyone has any links to some decent ones at a good price then feel free to post em up

not been in work this week so work on the spoiler has been on hold :( nipping up there today though to give it a sand with some fine paper and add another coat or 2 of primer, then will try get up there tomorrow to get the paint on it.

back to the bulb question and the bulbs i need being H4. well im looking into getting a HID kit as the standard brightness on these civic seems quite bad. not real bad but not good by all means.

so whats the best kit to get.

H4-2

or

H4-3 bi-xenon

and im thinking 8000k hit

maybe 6000k. i want as bright as poss but i want that hint of blue. not over the top blue, which is why i was thinking 8000k.

anyways il get a pic of the spoiler progress when i get up there after :)

oh i done a small photoshop of how it may look lowered,tinted, dark gun metal grey wheels, no chrome strip, tinted lights.

did this before i ordered spoiler. looks alright i think, but dont think il be able to lower the car much with them wolfrace alloys, will need an arch roller to achieve anything like that....

civicedit_zps9e512bcb.jpg

I have H4 Bi-xenons in mine and they are 6k

how do they look colour wise? are they much better than standard in vision too?

I have H4 Bi-xenons in mine and they are 6k

how do they look colour wise? are they much better than standard in vision too?

They are white with a bit of blue in the right light, much better on the road, as i don't have the best eye sight.

nice. might consider 6k then.

the bi-xenen as the bulbs work from dipped to main by the shield moving, how long does that take to switch. something about that whats putting me off?

n chears about the photoshop, think i might keep this colour for a while and go with green and black theme. then maybe respray further down the line, just the colour is growing on me now lol

As soon as you switch to high beam it changes, its about a second. A couple of time it hasn't worked for some reason, which is strange.

i dont use high beam that much anyways. did you get a cheapish kit or spend a fair bit on them? i was thinking maybe the £40-£50 range

I cant rememeber really as it was a while ago, i got the ones with the small balast. Its a nice kit, and simple to fit.

ahhh yeah the slim ones. theres loads and loads of kits on ebay so its hard to know which is good or not. some cheap ones come with 2 year guarantee so might just get one of them....

oh i done a small photoshop of how it may look lowered,tinted, dark gun metal grey wheels, no chrome strip, tinted lights.

did this before i ordered spoiler. looks alright i think, but dont think il be able to lower the car much with them wolfrace alloys, will need an arch roller to achieve anything like that....

civicedit_zps9e512bcb.jpg

That looks pimp!

I had to roll my rear arches a little even with my minimal lows and 17"s :o

same pic but just lowered and tinted bits. wheels the colour they are ow. kinda like it but prefer the dark gun metal wheels...

civicedit_zps98c2b5b3.jpg

bloody nightmare today when i went up to work. as i pulled onto the yard, my backbox fell off where its clamped (had a feeling it was going to happen eventually).

then when i was spraying the spoiler with 2nd coat of primer the spoiler fell off the stands onto the floor, dried primer was chipped n scratched and wet primer got dirt stuck to it. so decided to leave the area (Stressed) lol and il go back up there tomorrow, sand the spoiler and start again :( but at least it isnt damaged. get boss to weld where the exhaust fell off too.....hopefully

yeah its not fun at all is it. it was so smooth and going well too. good job iv got plenty of primer to start over lol

It's so annoying getting stuff in paint, the dog brushed past a model car I was restoring. I had to start all over again. :(

I know. Soon as it happens you think s**t I need to fix that now but knowing it will make more work. Ahh well it happens. Just in the space of 15mins everything goes wrong. Just hope I can get the backbox sorted tomorrow too

well went back up to my works yard today and fitted the exhaust again. no doubt it will soon fall off again as its the same as how it was when i 1st fitted it,as no-one was around to weld (i really need to weld myself) so again its paste and clamped on.

anyways had a look at the spoiler and wasn't as daunting as i 1st thought. just a bit of 400 grit sorted it all out, couple of coats of primer, some 600,800 and finally 1000 grit i finished priming it...

20121215_153721_zpsaf828a8c.jpg

20121215_143433_zpse788cf23.jpg

20121215_153741_zpsa85beaf1.jpg

20121215_153813_zpsae72ef87.jpg

(even though it looks white it is grey as recommended)

and as i had a lot of heat on in there and let the primer dry for an hour (i know your meant to leave 24 before paint but want to get it done soon as now and i know it shouldnt react so thought why not).....

20121215_160844_zps41f0ab3c.jpg

20121215_160858_zpsfd05561e.jpg

20121215_160920_zps0aa8c0fb.jpg

20121215_161606_zps73f06cdf.jpg

all above are when paint was wet.

when paint had dried 10mins.....

20121215_161614_zps260a2873.jpg

20121215_161657_zps879861ef.jpg

20121215_161708_zps385eb304.jpg

as you can see iv took caution with a nice soft duvet cover incase someone decides to knock into it when im not there lol.

not a bad job really considering i was ready to give up on it yesterday lol. back up there tomorrow to paint the underside as i only managed to get a light coat on the underside.

happy with todays work :)

Very nice progress mate