Big end gone same day as buying car!

Hondamad1988

Bad Times......

I bought my mums vti estate off her on sunday night as I thought it would be a nice upgrade over my 1.6 es estate.

On the way home the engine started ticking/knocking anything past 2 thousand revs. I parked it up for the night and took it to my mate round corner in the morning, he got his stethoscope out and the noise is coming from the bottom end, judging from the type of knock its a big end bearing.

Now the problem is what to do? The cars only done 137,000 miles and has been well looked after, so for the big ends to go would suggest oil pressure problem.

I thinking it would be easier to get another engine and put that in, does anyone know of any breakers that would likely sell a known good engine?

It's looking like that, someone near me who was trying to break a car will let whole car go for 500 (minus radiator and rear bumper allready sold) so thinking it might be an option to buy that, swap engines, and sell what's left of spare one to recoup money back.

Had a look at B20, I've seen Htune now sell the complete GE conversion kit, does that now make it as simple as just buying conversion kit and a B20 bottom end?

Seriously considering buying the other car, its local to me but it doesn't have a radiator and has a hole in the fuel tank so engine cant be tested, and its done 137,000 miles, my biggest fear is buying all the stuff to make other good ie engine flush, oil, filter, cambelt, water pump etc, spending the day fitting it, giving a couple of my mates some cash, then the other engine having problems aswell. Could ideally need to find a reasonably priced running car, just not having much luck at the moment.

Seriously considering buying the other car, its local to me but it doesn't have a radiator and has a hole in the fuel tank so engine cant be tested, and its done 137,000 miles, my biggest fear is buying all the stuff to make other good ie engine flush, oil, filter, cambelt, water pump etc, spending the day fitting it, giving a couple of my mates some cash, then the other engine having problems aswell. Could ideally need to find a reasonably priced running car, just not having much luck at the moment.

Buy steveolkinevel's engine! very good and strong! pm him

Right need this gone asap! I know it wrong time of the year but someone must know somebody after this.

B18c4 engine and box both perfect working order

Hubs and calipers with discs and pads (needs a new caliper on the rear, drivers i think)

Drive shafts

Japspeed s/s mani 4-1

Standard mani and cat

£500 for the lot collected! Bloody bargin!