noisy b18c4. making me sad! help please.

KiNK43

Turn your steering all the way to left, and look in the front of the N/S/F wheel arch, you will see a round cut out on the undertray cover thingy, push the blades of the cut out inwards, and you will see the crank bolt right in front of you!! 17mm iirc!!

OR

Raise up both front wheels, then put something under the O/S/F wheel so it wont turn, but the N/S/F wheel will turn. Then put the car in 5th gear, and you will then be able to turn the N/S/F wheel, which will turn the engine over as well, plus you will have the camshaft sprockets right in front of you, so you can see the timing marks!! Sorted!!! :ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha simple as that. i saw that hole and thought to myself "wonder what thats for?" durp.

thanks jelesi you know your stuff i reckon.

i am learning as i go along. learning from lots and lots of mistakes it seems! :roll:

i have just oredered the most overkill feeler guage going. normal one i got isnt great afterall.

offset 26 leaves! lovely jubbly.

thanks for all the help btw. will get on it asap. sparks plugs out, someone else has told me that today actually.

more problems cropping up though, driving me mad.

finding it very difficult to find rear arb drop links. and noticed today that nsf has drooped. wheel is tucked up in the arch more than the other side. sh*t! ( bad road maintenance in leics to blame no doubt )

new family means hardly any time. just want everything right so i can enjoy the car.

woah its cold out there! just finished doin the valve clearances.

better in some ways and not in others. the ticking in the cab at speed seems to have died down but theres a definate loud tappet now. so gonna have to go back in there next week. not doin it now need a cuppa.

only seemed to be the inlet side that was loose.

exhaust was mainly ok. just had to ease off on cyl 3. thats probably where its noisy now. should have left it .

and finaly got drop links so that'll be done tomorow i spose. woop . getting there ay.

thanks guys. ;)

Archived