Can wheel spacers be bad for our M's?

vtec2011

I recently took my alloys off as it keeps rubbing on the bottom suspension arm and the inner arch. It only rubs when on full lock so its not that serious. Will be ideal to have the alloys back on and have a bit of wheel poke :lol: I was looking on the net for spacers and I have seen a lot of people say bad things about them. Some say spacers puts strain on the wheel bearings and cause excessive wear. Some say they been using spacers for years and never had a problem with them. But has anyone had spacers on their M's? If so have you had any problems and did you have to make changes for wheel alignments? Cheers ;)

when i've got the genuine 96 spec ITR wheel's on i have to run 3mm spacer's on the front, their not universal one's they were made for the stud diamiter so are a realy good fit. not had no issue's

you only tend to find you have issue's when you combine a very large spacer (talking 10mm +) and aftermarket wheel's with the plastic spigot ring. the spigot ring support's the weight of the car not the wheel stud's as they can break.