Inside of windscreen constantly freezing up!

m4rkvti-s

this may have nothing to do with it at all but i had this prob with mb2 .but not had it with my mb3 (yet :roll: ) only diff is my mb2 had aircon and my mb3 does not mmmmmmmmmmm could this have something to do with it any other ideas . (it should not have i am just pointing out what i have had with and without ).

Recently with the cold weather, the car was taking FOREVER to demist and defrost...

Ive had this problem on all the civics I have known...

Simple solution that fixes the problem of slow de misting, change the cabin filter and COMPLETLY clean out the filter box/housing!

When I did mine, there were ssooo ssooo many crusty brown leaves n crap!

Its not hard to change and I belive its not expensive to buy from Honda, try that!

Good Luck & Keep us posted!

You may have a slight water leak mate, our cars do tend to leak.. :evil: The excess moisture can cause the screen to mist up, however, Rich is right, they do mist up anyway, mine is dry as a bone but mists up in the cold weather...

And yeah davemb2, A/C can be used to clear your screen much more quickly, its not just for making cold air in the summer guys!!!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I have found a solution to this constant annoyance.

I use this stuff called rain-x on the outside of the windscreen, completely gets rid of the need for wipers (surprisingly good). The same company also makes and anti fog coating for the inside, unfortunately Iv run out so cant check the name, which again is fantastic stuff and I have had no problems with fog since. I get mine in my local Halfords so you shouldn't have any issues finding it.

As a side note if you smoke in your car it makes the fog problem worse as the grease and other crap in the smoke sticks to the glass, I smoke alot which only exacerbated the situation.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m getting slightly hacked off with having to scrape the inside of my windscreen every morning on my MB6 too.

I know this means there is moisture getting in and I think I have found the problem. The roof lining has started getting wet just above the plastic trims on the inside of the pillars that run next to the windscreen.

I’m assuming this means the sunroof drains might be blocked. I have had a search but can’t find in detail exactly what and where I need to clean.

Can someone please help me and let me know what I need to clean?

This could also be a leak around the top of your windscreen mate. I had this problem in the MA (only on one side tho) and it was on the outside where the trim that goes around the glass and down the pillar meets the middle section at the top of the screen. if you look at the top edge of the pillar on the outside, you'll see a wee join just past the corner as it goes across the top of the screen. Mine was letting water in there, but got it all sealed up and didnt have any more probs. Just pour a little water at a time on that bit of screen, and you'll see the roof lining getting wet in the corner. ;) Im sure there was a diagram showing the sunroof drains....if not go to our downloads page and try the pdf manual as it covers most things. 8-)

• 2 weeks later...

Right I’ve checked and the sunroof drains seem to be fine.

The left one gurgles a bit but the water still passes through both absolutely fine.

I’ve tried tipping water over the top of the screen but that doesn’t seem to do anything.

I’m running out of ideas! With the bad weather the other day the water was pouring through!

Does re sealing the screen mean it needs removing? Can auto glass etc do this for me?

I’m very hesitant to try it myself as lasttime I tried to remove the out windscreen surround I end up breaking all of the clips.

• 2 months later...

1 culprit i recently noticed there was water in the boot. i found out by running water in the channels with the boot open to see if the water was getting in through the rear lights. then i noticed tears from opening and closing the boot seal/rubber, where the water would get in and run inside the tubular rubber and leak straig in to the inside of the boot. the solution i had was to rip a bigger hole in the bottom of the rubber (bigger than the standard holes) allowing the water to spill out faster at the bottom hence stopping it from building up inside the tubing and running in the boot. this solved my problem of really bad mist on the inside of my car. also remove your doorcards and squeez the top inner-metal skin against the glass so that your inner door-card when re-fitted, seals the small gap stopping any condensation from entering the inside of your car when you turn your heating on. make sure that the inner clear plastic is installed too.you dont hear the water running as much in your doors and reduces noise levels too when you are on motorways :)

Archived