1. 1. Do you use axel stands

• Yes
    • No
    • I will consider them now

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the thread, some scary stories :? For now my method is to put one wheel under the car so if anything hapens it will take the hit. Also one time I used logs instead of axel stands :D But I'll definitely buy axel stands some day in the future.

I see what your on about now James I've just read the last page of Pauls build.

While we're on the subject tarmac is not the correct surface for any kind of jacking; use a spreader unless you want to end up with a trolley jack shaped ditch (especially if you had your drive laid by our friends in the travelling community for a bargain price ;) ). Also the emergency jack is exactly that; leave it in the boot.

lads FFS!! :o

Yea brain dead ... spending hundreds on mods and risking everything to fit them

have you ever been under a car and though "what would it feel like if this car falls on me right now" while looking up at the gear box or chassis an inch above you forehead .....

next time you go under a car with out proper safety precautions have a good think and look up at what could pin/crush you to the ground, i bet you wont be long getting the F*** out from under there

you would probably die from suffocation if your broken ribs dont punture your lungs or heart

c6GbpXm.gif

i have a foot and a half of telephone poll between the chassis and ground, two axle stands and a jack under my car when i am under it

i am shocked that guys your age and being enthusiasts are this stupid,

Seriously i feel a sick now, and i am raged cause it would make be sad knowing someone on here was such a tick aebe42e3-0b22-4e8c-8e02-a7d7533c7836_zps5883b103.jpg