screws under handbrake

fyfie5

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the head of the other screw destroyed while opening, so my solution was to force suitable socket over the screw head, might be 10 or 11mm socket over the screw with gentle tapping with hammer, then just open it with ratchet normally. Screws are quite soft material so socket won't get damaged, best is if you have 12 corner socket of appropriate size.

• 3 weeks later...
I got the head of the other screw destroyed while opening, so my solution was to force suitable socket over the screw head, might be 10 or 11mm socket over the screw with gentle tapping with hammer, then just open it with ratchet normally. Screws are quite soft material so socket won't get damaged, best is if you have 12 corner socket of appropriate size.

nothing has worked and these are still stuck in lol

Have you tried drilling them out yet, if you use a small bit and drill the heads off the console should lift off and you can get the rest of the screw out with mole grips.

Have you tried drilling them out yet, if you use a small bit and drill the heads off the console should lift off and you can get the rest of the screw out with mole grips.

nope havent tried doing that yet as ive never done it before :? too scared :lol: might give it a go tomorrow :!:

i had no luck with mine (neither had garages by the look of the way the plastic had been rived over the screw head) until i got a ratchet screwdriver... lets you keep the weight on.

and loads of lube... ;)

• 4 weeks later...
i had no luck with mine (neither had garages by the look of the way the plastic had been rived over the screw head) until i got a ratchet screwdriver... lets you keep the weight on.

and loads of lube... ;)

cheers simon! i ordered a ratchet screw driver off of ebay and had a go at them today and i got them moved a bit more, any one know how long they actually are? so i can tell if im close or not :lol: next time i try im going to go underneath the car and grease up the threads and see if that does the trick :D