MC2 Exhaust - what fits?

streaky

Well on the way to work this morning I noticed the all too familiar sound of a blowing exhaust! Seems my "to do" list is getting longer and longer and my wallet is getting emptier and emptier! Whilst it may just need some gum or a temporary repair I do like to keep my eyes peeled for a bargain.

So my question (I searched but didn't have much luck) is what fits the MC2 off the shelf? I know manifolds are interchangeable between the various B18 engines but I'm talking mid-pipe and backbox. EG/DC/EK were all pretty much the same but knowing my luck the MC will be radically different. I would at some point like a subtle aftermarket one if i need to replace anything - so like to keep my options open if I can find what fits.

Without actually looking to confirm... I guess an MB6 and MC2 mid pipe is the same but the MC2 backbox is longer?

I know SuperSprint do a system for the MC2 but i'm not paying new prices, the exhaust would be worth more than the car! :lol:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a itr"R" mid pipe on mine, bigger D= better sound and power noticed and has 2 silencers :o

:idea: Note jdm R is NOT a direct fit uses a shorter cat,but same D otherwise

mb6 mc2 same B pipe

And yes the aerodeck back box is longer than most hondas so need special consideration.. :geek:

Thanks noodels. So just to clarify... an itr (uk) b-pipe is a straight swap for the OEM MC2 b-pipe? I guess as the UK teg uses a smaller bore than the jap, it also mounts up to the MC2 cat without messing around?

Final question, are the hangers in the right place, or am I just hoping? :lol:

If that all goes on no fuss, I could look at a custom backbox if necessary as noise is a concern now i'm old and have a baby to ferry around!

quote:I guess as the UK teg uses a smaller bore than the jap.

No same as jdm bore,jdm is a longer b pipe because cat is shorter,all hangers are correct. ;) the jdm itr R has bigger IN to cat same OUT as uk R

and not a lot of people know that. :o

Naz has one on his mb6

i have one on my mc2.

Thanks for your input chaps.

Somethings obviously gone as it's got worse in the last 24 hours. Need to get underneath and check it out. Looks like i will be restricted on budget though, but the above info has all been very helpful!

Out of interest, any idea whats needed to make an MB6 backbox fit an MC2? I'm sure i can bribe one of our engineers with some beer money if it just a case of lengthening some pipe.

Cheers :)