FlunkyVTEC's MB6

FlunkyVTEC

Today was probably the day on which the first Mugen Twinloop kitted MB6 was created. Therefore I thought that this might be a good opportunity to get a project thread going.

The current spec is:

Engine modification(s):

• K&N replacement air filter
    Modified DC2 Mugen Twinloop catback

Suspension modification(s):

• KW V3 coilover system

Exterior modification(s):
  • EK9ish grill

When I bought my car in January 2008 it was completely stock:

DSC00072.jpg

Updates in 2008

After buying my first VTEC I immediately went to work on getting the interior back in shape:

• New OEM steering wheel
    New centre arm rest (the one it came with had a small hole in it)
    OEM floormats
    New OEM gear knob

Here are some pics of the steering wheel & centre console with a fun addition I kept from the original owner (VTEC badge on ash tray):

Steeringwheel.jpg

Centreconsole.jpg

After that I had a bit of a disappointment during it's MOT so had to wait with splashing out for new goodies.

Update May 2009

It was finally time to do something about that soggy stock suspension and the ride height so I decided to go for a KW V.3 coilover system. This was the best move I've ever made, great handling, not uncomfortable and a much better ride height / look:

DSC_0041-edited.jpg

Small updates in the period of June 2009 / November 2009

During this period I had:

• Replaced the stock air filter with a K&N replacement filter
    Fitted an EK9ish grill
    Fitted Osram Nightbreaker lightbulbs

I currently don't have a better picture of the grill so this will have to do at the moment:

100_0066-1.jpg

Updates December 2009

Replacing the stock exhaust system with a DC2 Mugen Twinloop catback. Size wise the middle section just needed to be shortened a bit, all the bends were perfect. One of the drawbacks of the Twinloop is it's size including the 'Twinloop' pipe. An issue we have come across that is most likely caused by this is that the muffler section was touching the swaybar. To accommodate this issue the pipe had to be slightly adjusted and the muffler needed to be put in an angle towards the right ever so slightly. It was all worth it in the end though because it sounds excellent (not loud at constant speed but makes it's presence known when booting it) and it certainly looks nice aswell:

100_0070.jpg

100_0071.jpg

That's all for now folks. Except from the wheel & tyre department these will probably be the last update for a while as I've found her a new home (garage). The people that built it were even kind enough to build some space to accommodate yours truely so I'll probably be tight for cash for a while.

Update February 2010

I have 2 updates,one of which is not major and the other is slightly car related. Let's start with the latter, I finally got the keys to my and my cars' first house last Friday. Here's some pics I shot of her checking out her new pad (as you'll notice my grill has had a bad stonechip beating during these wintery months):

GarageI.jpg

Garage2.jpg

It's still got an oldschool pivoting door but that will hopefully be changed to an electric door soon.

The other ever so small update is I bought some Bosch Aerotwin wipers for the wintermonths as they look cleaner than the OEM's and I needed my customization fix :lol: .

looking good mate! That bagde on the ashtray reminds me of mine! I put a modified vti badge on the centre console, just in front of the gearstick! I forgot to add the pic to my project thread! :D

Archived