What you riding on?

Gilman

Am going to treat my self to a new set of alloys but not sure what tyres to fit. Have heard good things about Toyo's, Falken and Yokohama but need peoples opinion.

Whats on your Mb and are they any good?

Did they last long and have good grip in all weather?

Hopefully this will start a small debate and finally help me make up my mind :D

got uniroyall rain sport 2 on the front it's a really good allround tyre in dry, wet and snow. they do take time to gt used to as it has a very soft side wall...

had toyo t1r's all round (still got two on the back) after all the hype people give them, i'm not fussed by them, they were too soft for my liking, (only got 8k out of them) and found them ok in the wet but not brilliant, compared to other's, good in the dry.

got uniroyall rain sport 2 on the front it's a really good allround tyre in dry, wet and snow. they do take time to gt used to as it has a very soft side wall...

had toyo t1r's all round (still got two on the back) after all the hype people give them, i'm not fussed by them, they were too soft for my liking, (only got 8k out of them) and found them ok in the wet but not brilliant, compared to other's, good in the dry.

Ahh No, just saw this after ordering 4 toyo T1R's :shock: (fell for the hype im afraid)

oh well as long as they were good while they lasted its ok, cheap enough aswell.

just have to see how they go, gota be an improvement on the budgets i used to have.

thanks all.

Ahh No, just saw this after ordering 4 toyo T1R's :shock: (fell for the hype im afraid)

oh well as long as they were good while they lasted its ok, cheap enough aswell.

just have to see how they go, gota be an improvement on the budgets i used to have.

thanks all.

don't get me wrong, there are better tyre's out there, but at the same time there are a hell of a lot worse, and also thinking about it, i'm comparing knackered toyo's @1.7 mm with brand new uniroyal's with 8mm of tread on them, and they were what came with the car, the car before that had michelin's energy's on it (185/60/14) over what's on it now (195/50/15) so it's a lot different...

people do rate them, and they are keanly priced..

ive just fitted Falken 914's to my octavia. Good tyres in all weather, they do slip a bit when flooring it but they are trying to cope with 260ft/lb torque lol

Uniroyal Rainsport 2's are very good vfm and great all rounders.

Avon dont make the ZV range anymore so if you find any they will be old stock. Ive got ZV5's on my works van and they are ok, not as good as the Bridgestones which were on there out the factory though

ive just fitted Falken 914's to my octavia. Good tyres in all weather, they do slip a bit when flooring it but they are trying to cope with 260ft/lb torque lol

Uniroyal Rainsport 2's are very good vfm and great all rounders.

Avon dont make the ZV range anymore so if you find any they will be old stock. Ive got ZV5's on my works van and they are ok, not as good as the Bridgestones which were on there out the factory though

not so keen on the falken's, just see to be cheap and a bastard to fit a times'...

uniroyal rs2, see my comment's above

avon, they still make the zv3/5, along with zz3/5 and the zt5, been a fan of avon tyre's, nice to fit, was gonna fit zt5 to my old civic, but it got sold instead..

looking to next winter already, i'm hoping to be able to have a the summer wheel's on zz3 or zv3 tyre's and the winter one's on uniroyal's or winter rubber, but i'll cross that bridge later in the year..