Project standard

civicturbo79

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well people i will be starting the return to standard tomorrow night after work so by the end of the weekend she will be back to standard in everyway . i will only have the front bumper to get painted at a later date so it will be black for the time being.

Plan is:

Tomorrow strip the front end and remove the front panel and get the engine out .

Friday get the standard engine in and the new front panel welded in a painted .

Sat get the front end fitted back up including refitting all the air con .Also i have to replace all the mod'd interior trim pieces with standard trim ( were the gauges ,turbo timer , boost controller, vtec controller are ) .

Ill get loads of pictures along the way for you all .

Rich.

Well i managed to get the front end stripped the front panel off the turbo engine out and the standard unit in a bolted up and made a start on welding on the front panel ,but i ran out of gas so that was that for tonight . not bad for 3 hours work , i did have both of my brothers helping me , so a big thanks to them .

projectstandard005.jpg

projectstandard003.jpg

projectstandard006-1.jpg

projectstandard004-1.jpg

Rich.

sad mate...the chance to see and hear your car (and maybe even getting a ride in it if I am lucky) was enough of a reason to come all the way to uk to one of the forum meets. Well good luck with the project standard and the sale of the turbo setup bits. I am sure it will make someone very happy.

Hope you'll still keep sharing your knowledge with us !!!

Well im tired thats for sure worked all week and been on the car at night . i did 5pm till 8pm thursday 3pm till 8.30 pm last night and 8am till 1pm today but the car is all done totally back to standard other than the wheels ,coil overs , and steering wheel .

Will to pick up were i left off .

Friday

me and my youngest bro got all the engine wired up and the driveshafts and stuff all refitted swapped my rocker cover over and my ht leads . The i welded on the front panel and sealed it up and got it ready for paint . one bro went and the other turned up to paint the front panel for me so once that was done thats was it for the night . But i could not get the car to start :shock:

projectstandard007-1.jpg

projectstandard008-1.jpg

Saturday

I was on my own for this . I started off by refitting up the front end the rads the light and so on . fitted my vti lip to the black bumper i had

projectstandard010-1.jpg

projectstandard011-1.jpg

After that its was on to the interor everything out , trim ,gauges ,vtec controller , flammer kit ,turbo timer , boost controller , and back in with the standard stuff .

carinthesun008.jpg

carinthesun007.jpg

projectstandard012-1.jpg

projectstandard013-1.jpg

Rich.

Archived