ECU RESET MMMMMMMMM

DAVEMB2

Ok this may start something :roll:

WHAT EXACTLEY DOES IT DO :roll:

And I do not want anyone to answer with well it just makes the car feel that bit better . I put 99ron petrol in and I feels that bit better but it dose not realy do that much :lol:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it adjusts the fuel trim level etc?

Mmm adjusts it to what

I would assume that it adjusts/retards the ignition timing in relation to the octane of the fuel. :idea:

So no one knows for sure then I take it the map Is set form factory and all the sensors make small changes to the cars fuel ,air ect so you reset it back to how the car came out of factory :roll:

So no one knows for sure then I take it the map Is set for factory and all the sensors make small changes to the cars fuel ,air ect so you reset it back to how the car came out of factory :roll:

half right mate reset will make small adjustments for example you just put new carbon intake on,,, so air flow will be different,,, so,,, a reset will make those small adjustment to get the right setting for the engine to run at its best? that what i belive :geek:

So no one knows for sure then I take it the map Is set for factory and all the sensors make small changes to the cars fuel ,air ect so you reset it back to how the car came out of factory :roll:

half right mate reset will make small adjustments for example you just put new carbon intake on,,, so air flow will be different,,, so,,, a reset will make those small adjustment to get the right setting for the engine to run at its best? that what i belive :geek:

Yes but does the ecu not make those small adjustment anyway on the fly coz air ect are always changing eg temp how old or dirty the filter is ect.

Yes but does the ecu not make those small adjustment anyway on the fly coz air ect are always changing eg temp how old or dirty the filter is ect.

Good point dave! :geek: its all a grey area really mate! there nothing in black and white that a ecu reset even goes anything? :geek: but the person to ask is adam (admin) he could shed so light and proberly even give us a answer! :idea::idea::idea::idea:

I am on this thinking ,do not get me wrong if it feels good on the bum dyno then thats good hell I put 99ron petrol in all the time to me it feels like I have 20 bhp more :lol::lol: so that's fine :lol::lol::lol:

Back to the reset I would say If you was to run a dyno test you would see no diff ,it would be like flashing your ecu and you can not do that coz mapping ,flashing are all about new map parameters written with a fair bit of work to get them right singing together for opti use and performance .but if people think its done something that fine just want to get the true facts :D nothing but the facts mam :lol::lol: