ECU RESET MMMMMMMMM

DAVEMB2

The best way to find out is do it on a dyno! Do a run, do the ECU reset and then do another run! Might not create any extra bhp but I think it could affect the throttle response and possibly help with flat spots?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an ecu is a computer i look on it the same way. If you add or change a component on a computer it obviously needs to be restarted to recognise it and depending on the difference in performance that the upgrade

gives you you may notice a small difference as it will just use standard basic settings and in the case of the ecu that would equate to oem

On a pc to get the optimum performance from your upgrade you have to go into the bios to set it up to your needs and with our ecu's we get them remapped to our personal preferences then you notice a big change

So i say that if you add say a better air filter system or a larger bore exhaust and just reset the ecu it is going to notice the changes but can only set itself up to for want of a better word basic settings so you may or may not notice

a difference depending on if your upgrade is working within the parameters that honda originally programmed into the ecu

As an ecu is a computer i look on it the same way. If you add or change a component on a computer it obviously needs to be restarted to recognise it and depending on the difference in performance that the upgrade

gives you you may notice a small difference as it will just use standard basic settings and in the case of the ecu that would equate to oem

On a pc to get the optimum performance from your upgrade you have to go into the bios to set it up to your needs and with our ecu's we get them remapped to our personal preferences then you notice a big change

So i say that if you add say a better air filter system or a larger bore exhaust and just reset the ecu it is going to notice the changes but can only set itself up to for want of a better word basic settings so you may or may not notice

a difference depending on if your upgrade is working within the parameters that honda originally programmed into the ecu

I'd say that covers it in a way my cybergeek can understand :lol:

:ugeek::ugeek::ugeek:

I am on this thinking ,do not get me wrong if it feels good on the bum dyno then thats good hell I put 99ron petrol in all the time to me it feels like I have 20 bhp more :lol::lol: so that's fine :lol::lol::lol:

Back to the reset I would say If you was to run a dyno test you would see no diff ,it would be like flashing your ecu and you can not do that coz mapping ,flashing are all about new map parameters written with a fair bit of work to get them right singing together for opti use and performance .but if people think its done something that fine just want to get the true facts :D nothing but the facts mam :lol::lol:

I'm sure Rich @ Dynodaze has seen improved results on the same car running normal unleaded then vpower. :)

I think the ecu does learn and make changes as you say from the sensors as you go, but as you also said a reset puts it back to factory, it then relearns from the environment what settings it needs.

I am on this thinking ,do not get me wrong if it feels good on the bum dyno then thats good hell I put 99ron petrol in all the time to me it feels like I have 20 bhp more :lol::lol: so that's fine :lol::lol::lol:

Back to the reset I would say If you was to run a dyno test you would see no diff ,it would be like flashing your ecu and you can not do that coz mapping ,flashing are all about new map parameters written with a fair bit of work to get them right singing together for opti use and performance .but if people think its done something that fine just want to get the true facts :D nothing but the facts mam :lol::lol:

I'm sure Rich @ Dynodaze has seen improved results on the same car running normal unleaded then vpower. :)

I think the ecu does learn and make changes as you say from the sensors as you go, but as you also said a reset puts it back to factory, it then relearns from the environment what settings it needs.

on a mb6 on vpower = 3bhp extra FACT 8-)

on a mb6 on vpower = 3bhp extra FACT 8-)

Yeah I'd say that's true too, I think an ECU reset just speeds up/refines the way it sets itself up when you make a change like the fuel octane or extra airflow etc