alloy wheel width&offset

gary1mc

guys im looking at a set off wheels for my deck but not sure if the offset will fit

the wheels are 17x8 et35 and 17x9 et 25

does anyone know if these would fit or not any help would be appreciated

thanks in advance guys

17x8 et35 could fit if you have about 4 degree of neg camber on the front, you would stand more chance with et45 8j if you don't want the camber.

as for 9j, I run 9j but my car is pretty much pure track and has 4-5degree neg camber, on the civic they would foul the arches, you can roll and stretch out the arches to accommodate the 9j and it has been done before.

this was done using td 1.2 wheels which are a true motorsport wheel which has a smaller profile to that of the more retail orientated wheels.

I thought the car was essentially the same as the MG ZS?

If so, the ZS ran 17's as stock, 7j on early models then 7.5j.

I have run 18's, and if the offset is right, it is not a problem.

There is no reason why you can't run 8j with the correct offset, most people just want to stick on big wide tyres and often over tyre the rim, if you do then the tyres will scrub, but if you choose a tyre size that sits square then you should be fine.

clio cup runs a 200 wide race tyre on an 8" wide rim, with that in mind, if you ran a 215 road tyre on an 8j with the correct offset you should do it also.

rolling the arches is no hardship, I often do this by hand with a nylon face hammer (frank sytner bmw did brand new alpina's this way in the day - it is not a bodge) or you can hire a tool to do it.

either way, a good hot day or warm the paint a little to prevent it from cracking and gently work the arch forwards and back, you will gain an extra 10mm on the rear, the fronts may be partly rolled at the factory, the ZS arches never had much of a lip.