Maz's Silver MB2 Project... SOLD SOLD SOLD!!! :(

ammarbm

Yeah I'd say wider ones on the rear aswell

Long as 2 tyres on the same axel are the same it's perfectly fine:)

They look like mx5 wheels?

Your guess is absolutely right mate..I cleaned them today and it said Toyota at the back..also they are 15 x 61/2jj et 45.

This is a tricky area, ideally you need to keep the same rolling radius as original, the original tyre size is 195/55/15 which gives you a sidewall of approx. 4.2inches + 15 inches for tyre, total diameter 19.2in.

With the 16s you have the sidewall is approx 3.6in + wheel at 16in total = 19.6in.

So with the tyres on the new wheels the sidewall is a fraction over 4 inches for both + 15in for the wheels giving a total of 19 inches which is closer to the original rolling radius and should also have the added effect of bringing the car closer to the black stuff, happy days.

With 195/50/15s the sidewall will be approx. 3.8in so a total of 18.8 so should be lower still but the rolling radius will be further from original, I run 195/50's on my fanblade 15's though.

Hope that helps and I hope I've got my maths right. :)

It does make sense but hard to understand lol. What I make from it is that if I put 195/50/15 all round it should lower a little but more :-)

I had 17's with 205x40x17s then put 15's with 175x50x15's dropped it a good inch

That's encouraging James I tried them on today but it feels almost same to me not much difference in height

So first of all I sorted the front disc today I didn't like it being blue do sprayed it black and I think it looks much better now specially with the rear drums sprayed black it suits better now

20131030_120424.jpg

^^ Still blue. :unsure:;)  

It does make sense but hard to understand lol. What I make from it is that if I put 195/50/15 all round it should lower a little but more :smile:

Yes that's pretty much it. Sorry, got a bit carried away last night, hopefully this will simplify it.

Overall wheel diameter as it is now: 19.6 inches

With new 15's and the tyres they came with: 19 inches (so should be just over half an inch lower)

With 195/50/15's: 18.8 inches (so should be almost an inch lower)

It won't feel much lower but it may handle a bit better, less tramlining. :)

• Like 1

Yes that's pretty much it. Sorry, got a bit carried away last night, hopefully this will simplify it.

Overall wheel diameter as it is now: 19.6 inches

With new 15's and the tyres they came with: 19 inches (so should be just over half an inch lower)

With 195/50/15's: 18.8 inches (so should be almost an inch lower)

It won't feel much lower but it may handle a bit better, less tramlining. :)

To be honest with you the main reason I got 15 inch alloys is after reading a lot of people here saying the best handling is with 15 inch alloys so that's comforting to hear from you also :-)