Tips for doing the cambelt

matty1

consider this, if the water pump fails after the timing belt install you will need to redo your work again + more .... make sure the water pump is not making noise basically 

Just get a water pump I went to do mine the other week got to the point of taking the belt off and seen pump was leaking so had to put it all back together as couldn't get a pump

Just get a water pump I went to do mine the other week got to the point of taking the belt off and seen pump was leaking so had to put it all back together as couldn't get a pump

x2, it's worth doing, even though the water pump is not a serviceable part it is worth changing as when I had my cambelt changed we discovered the pump was weeping so it all had to come off again to change the pump a couple of weeks later. :sad:

Yea, got water pump, tensioner, cambelt, and new rocker cover seal. With all the other belts to. And a newly sprayed rocker cover to that I bought at japfest.

I'm ready!!! YEA!!!

Stripped everything out only to find that they supplied me with the wrong timing belt kit!!! Should be here today though about 12.30. So annoying!