Car Insurance..................result!

Dave

Well, thought yesterday it was time I got Ruby insured again so she can go out for a little spin now and then. my renewal before I sold her a few months back was £340 F/C, so was expecting the same again. Called the same company (Aviva) and got a quote........................£795!!! WTF! :eek:  I said ye and did I mention its a 20 grand Rolls Royce I'm insuring pal, not a 2 grand tops civic! :evil:  So even he though it was a bit nuts, but that was the best they could get it at...............or was it????

He said the reason was that I'd used my NCD on Lexy, so Insuring Ruby with none was like starting from scratch. But he had a plan! After much clicking of his keyboard later, he came up with this. Get Lexy insured with them, he'll do a multicar policy and see if it works out cheaper. I said that she was already insured with Honda, as Aviva gave me a higher quote for her at the time. But went and gave him all lexys details again to see what happened.

He said after a bit more typing, "hmm, that's a bit better". He then hit me with £480 FC. I said but I'm only paying £325 for Lexy just now, so although you've dropped the price of Ruby, it's still too much for Lexy. I said is that £480 each? Nope, £480 all in for both!!

Bloody result! He'd mirrored my NCD from Lexy, so both got the discount. Only difference is that with Ruby, I can't protect the NCD, whereas on Lexy it is protected. Not too fussed, as that to me seemed like a cracking deal! I was gonna call our traders, but wanted her insured like there and then so went ahead with it. The only prob was I'd have a cancelation fee from Honda Happiness. Turns out it was only £30, and I'm getting £196 back from them for unused insurance! So almost £200 coming back! Means Ruby has cost......£280 in theory! lol I'm a happy bunny!

Took her out for a spin, and just got onto the outside lane of the dual carrigeway...............and almost got annihilated by some stupid young girl in a Peugot 206!! I'm doing 70mph, she's doig around 50mph and cut right across in front of me, missing the front passenger wing by around 3cm's! I braked hard, swerved towards the barrier to avoid her. Thought fuck I've only just insured her and now shes gonna die in the barrier!! Needless to say, that bitch got the main beam, the horn on full blast and a mouthfull of profanity from me. She was totally oblivious to everything! Felt like taking the bitch out! (and I don't mean to dinner!) Funny thing is, last time Ruby got hit (hit and run driver at the traffic lights) it was a girl in a peugot 206!!

Reminded me how good the brakes are on the MB6's.

So, can now get busy getting her match fit! 8-)

And well impressed with Aviva!

Nice one! Multicar policies seem to be the way forward! We've got four cars with four drivers insured in our household! Though my younger brother can only drive one of the four cars but myself and my parents can drive all four! Much cheaper than traditional policies!

Also when I changed over from the Saab which I had paid £650 back in April, I'm getting a £220 refund, which covers the tax disc for the Accord!

• Like 1

Nice one! Multicar policies seem to be the way forward! We've got four cars with four drivers insured in our household! Though my younger brother can only drive one of the four cars but myself and my parents can drive all four! Much cheaper than traditional policies!

Also when I changed over from the Saab which I had paid £650 back in April, I'm getting a £220 refund, which covers the tax disc for the Accord!

Back of the net!! 8-)

Yep! Plus all the looks and smiles you get for driving something retro too! Puts a smile on my face! Plus I can bully anyone I like as let's face it, doesn't matter if I knock my £150 motor into somebody's £40k+ Audi or BMW, I have no reason to back out of a situation like that :lol:

lol yeah, and the look on some of the faces of those big money cars owners when you blow them away is priceless! Wish I knew why spewgoots keeping trying to kill me! Bloody hate them too, fugly looking things! Them and renaults, truely hiddeous cars!

I once ruined a Clio on purpose, serves my mother right for chosing it because she liked the colour, she never drove it once she found out that it didn't even have power steering!