D15Z8/D15Z3 rocker cover

Jax

My '00 D15Z8 currently has a scabby engine cover, rather than just take it off and spruce it up, I'm watching a mint looking cover from a '98 D15Z3 engine. Will it be a straight fit?

Yes that will go straight on mate. I recently got another rocker cover which is from a 1.4 Civic for my MB3. It fit straight on. All d-series rocker covers are direct fit apart from the old ones with the spark plug recess at the back. Looks very clean! If you need any help, just give me a shout  :smile:

Hi, rocker cover looks nice, nice to know they all interchangeable

Are all the D series HT leads the same also?

Looking to get set for D16W4 in my aerodeck vtec, but plenty of listings of other D16 variants?

Any info would be great, thanks

Hi, rocker cover looks nice, nice to know they all interchangeable

Are all the D series HT leads the same also?

Looking to get set for D16W4 in my aerodeck vtec, but plenty of listings of other D16 variants?

Any info would be great, thanks

I am in the same situation mate. I'm looking for a set of HT leads for mine and seen a couple cheap 8mm leads for d-series. But I don't know if there all the same! 

Yeah I've done some research and pretty sure most sets should be ok but wont to check before ordering. D16W & Y codes cant be much different surely? definitely shorter then DOHC B series leads as I compared them to my VTI.

I know some people recommend magnicore etc.... but I cant afford the price and dont think its worth it for daily driver / commuting. I think any decent set of leads would be improvement over my crusty old original set! Just need a set for reliable strong spark to improve and refresh the ignition and along with the iridium plugs I ordered should also work better with LPG for stronger spark.

Keep updated :-)

Yeah I've done some research and pretty sure most sets should be ok but wont to check before ordering. D16W & Y codes cant be much different surely? definitely shorter then DOHC B series leads as I compared them to my VTI.

I know some people recommend magnicore etc.... but I cant afford the price and dont think its worth it for daily driver / commuting. I think any decent set of leads would be improvement over my crusty old original set! Just need a set for reliable strong spark to improve and refresh the ignition and along with the iridium plugs I ordered should also work better with LPG for stronger spark.

Keep updated :smile:

I agree, I seen a lot of people say they don't feel any difference in power or more responsive with upgraded leads. But I think it could make a small difference if a car had a few performance mods done. I think I might go for these. Cheap, look good in red and brand new which should be better than old used leads = http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RED-8MM-SILICONE-IGNITION-HT-LEADS-WIRES-HONDA-CIVIC-COUPE-CRX-16V-VTEC-MLR-BM-/121145232532?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AHonda%7CModel%3ACivic&hash=item1c34d18c94

Haha  :smile: Snap!

I'm just going to order a set myself!!   :smile:

I've seen a few others, but the reviews and feedback are good for this guy and quick delivery so going for these too and at £30 seem very good value.

Ordering them now!!

• Like 1