Difficult to downshift into 2nd & 3rd gear, common problem?

vtec2011

sign_hi.gif1

To those who don't know, last year or late 2011 I have put another gearbox in my MB3 which is from a 2000 1.6 Civic Coupe. The code casted on the gearbox is B000 P9A. Just recently I had trouble getting it into 2nd and 3rd gear. It only does this when I'm gearing down. It does it when driving it easy or hard. I can be driving in 4th and when I want to slow down and go into 3rd, it's nearly impossible! It doesn't crunch or grind, it just simply won't go into gear! It's got Honda MTF oil in and I have checked the levels. One thing I didn't do is change the clutch when I fit the 1.6 gearbox. Could it be a weak clutch or maybe clutch fluid? Thanks for reading and thanks in advance  :grin:

Before digging into the depths try the shallows,

Gear linkage, hydro slave cylinder, fluid level

Usually with a clutch it would be all gears, up and down, juddering on pull off or slipping...

Thanks lads! I cannot see any leaks, I even had it up on the ramps to check. I checked the slave cylinder, looks fine. Gear linkage seem to have a lot of play so I re adjusted it and tightened it up. No difference so far... I will bleed the clutch soon and might just go for a new clutch anyway. It wasn't looking great when I seen it last year. Thanks again  :grin:

Yeah I already checked the slave cylinder. Looks very rusty but I will try bleed the clutch first, then the slave cylinder

Pretty sure the bleed nipple is on the cylinder may want mould grips as normally pretty rusty. I had 2 probs with my gearbox one was poping out of 5th and second was struggling to go into gear. One was low gearbox oil and second was it needed bleeding