IMPORTANT - noisy / squeaky blower motor

dr_broon

So for the last month or two, my blower motor (number 2.....) has been squealing every now and again as if the bearing has been on it's way.

last couple of weeks speeds 1&2 have been off (new resistor pack... again...), and then last night all speeds have been off.  I just thought that this was the first time that even number 4 resistor had gone, but just thought nowt else and ordered a new pack.

This morning I got to the top of the street, and smelled something odd... which got stronger and stronger.  I looked down at the passenger footwell and there was fricking smoke coming out from under the glovebox!

slammed on the brakes, cut the engine, and whipped the sound proofing off - phew, no fire yet. 

drove back home and pulled the motor out, and it was pretty much siezed and stunk of burning.

I was lucky that i'd just left the house and was able to stop quickly and without causing any bother to anyone (and smelled the smoke quickly coz the windows were up and was going slowly).

if anyone has a fan making noises - GET IT OUT. :shock:

I'm paranoid about fire after what happended to James that time.

tbh I'd left the fans on 4 the night before when they stopped, but thought that the resistor had gone.