Don't always trust forum info....

burbleboy

Not really cheeky remark u could of just waited till the morning and measured them. You were first to jump the gun when you didn't get the right information by starting this thread!

When someone implies that you are "lazy", then that tends to be cheeky in my book.

The thread was started because I've had problems with parts before, so this was not a hastily put together starting post.

Dave kindly acknowledges the speaker problem and has amended. If no one spoke up and we let people trust information then we would all be buying incorrect parts.

The point of this thread is to let others know that you should search more wisely rather that go with someones first piece of information. Simples

So ur lazy then as your saying u should search more wisely when u could of just opened ur boot and measured them! IMO it's good to find out and do things ur self rather than just search on the net all the time.

Aye mate, i was too lazy to find a torch and go out at 11pm to strip interior and measure speakers only to discover your neighbour still has your measuring tape so would be guessing.

Sometimes people are just too busy the next day to do these things and when online at the time, trust info on the forum to purchase items to be fitted at next free weekend.

However, you are correct when you say we should do things ourself....thats the point of this thread!

From your other thread regarding the mgzs suspension, it seems the problem wasn't with the suspension but the suppliers cw dismantlers, who others appear to have had problems with too.

So not really fair to blame the forum for that, I understand about the speakers though. :)

• Like 1

From your other thread regarding the mgzs suspension, it seems the problem wasn't with the suspension but the suppliers cw dismantlers, who others appear to have had problems with too.

So not really fair to blame the forum for that, I understand about the speakers though. :)

That is true BUT the forum users thought that the suspension was all the same on the mgzs but in fact there were different variations. Only after I ordered a set and then a 2nd replacement set from cw dismantlers did we know that the mgzs suspension had variants. Others then came forward and said they had the same problems. 

I am not on here to say that this forum is useless...far from it, mistakes do happen and i just wanted to make others aware that unless the info is solid, mistakes will and do happen.

Rear speakers take two minutes to get at, even at night, hardly a strip out. Should have waited till you knew as certain as you could before ordering but we live and we learn! :)

Did u ever try any of the different suspension? Some could of be better or worse etc.

My last car had coilovers and 'slammed', i wanted to make my car good for b roads etc and decided that springs and uprated shocks were the way to go as coilovers can be sketchy when fast over bumps! I ended up with eibach springs and mgzs shocks. Works well imo!

Rear speakers take two minutes to get at, even at night, hardly a strip out. Should have waited till you knew as certain as you could before ordering but we live and we learn! :)

Yeah mate, i realise that they are easy now!